advertisement

Lesley Duncan?

Tony. B

obsessed by music
Just been listening to Alan Parson's "Eve". There is a track featuring Lesley Duncan doing lead vocal. I'm familiar with the name, probably because of the actress, but not the voice. Oh dear, what have I missed? What a great voice!

I seem to remember, within the past few years, seeing a three(?) album set on vinyl being offered by one of the re-release companies. I think I need a copy! Please can anyone give me any info re: the lady herself, the albums and lastly any suggestions where I might get hold of any vinyl?
Many thanks,
Tony.B

Can't help you directly, but I have an insteresting snippet. Elton John recorded a live album "Here and There" in 1976, which included performances from both London and New York concerts (New York -- side 2 is IMHO ghastly and side 1 -- London is IMHO one of the finest things ever to happen). At the time, Lesley Duncan was the only performer/songwriter from outside the ranks of the Elton John band ever to have work included on an Elton John studio album ("Love Song" from Tumbleweed Connection). She appears on "Here and There" singing "Love Song" live and it's fabulous.

Whatever one thinks of EJ (and I have very mixed opinions) there is something about a band clearly having a great time with material they know backwards which, when the planets are in allignment and the live recording actually captures all the stuff going on, really raises the neck hair. I got this album for 2 quid from a record fair bin, and it was mint. Side 2 is standard 70s harsh and distant live recording but Side 1 is amazing. Strongly recommended.

Best;

Mark

Tony, I agree she is a very good singer, English, wrote her own songs, she was around from the late 60s to the early 80s I think. Iv'e two LPs in my collection, "Everything Changes" (the title song was a hit for her in 1972) and "Earth Mother" both were released in the early 70s. If you search the web there is more info available and I think Amozon have a CD listed or try the second hand vinyl shops. Good luck, Crusher

advertisement

Back