advertisement

Les Davis Constrained Layer damping pads

Interesting.... I lived in Aus and tried some of the Les Davis pads. Heard no difference at all and sold them on

From the website:

What is Les Davis Audio 3D(2)?

It is a constrained layer, visco-elastic damping material, designed to reduce structural vibration and sound transmission within light gauge materials. It is sensitive to mechanical and electrical vibrations.

Sounds reasonable so far...

Where can it be used?
It is designed to be used with audio speakers by removing cabinet distortion and with any and electronic components. It works in this domain by removing electrical noise .The removal of electrical noise enables the 3D(2) to significantly improve digital audio either in use with a CD player, hard drive storage or streaming device.
It can be used to ground speaker cables, interconnects and power cables and power boards

Uh Oh, the smell of foo is strong in this one :rolleyes:

Use similar SounddampedSteel plates throughout my setup.
What drew me to them was they were already established in Industry applications of the same Tech.

Best interface I've found between glass shelves on my rack to all sorts of kit, dacs, preamp, disc spinners.

Work best, interestingly, directly interfacing to the components casework, remove the feet for best effect.

I can only say that sat on pads my preamps sound improved enough for me to place an order.

I'm interested in some of these for my integrated that, due to space and weight issues, has to sit on the floor. Whereabouts are you ordering them from? I've seen a few all for about £120 and was wondering if they happened to cheaper elsewhere...

I had some to try at home for a weekend some time ago. Could not hear any difference at all, tried under Linn Akurate DSM, Akurate Exaktbox, Akurate 4200 amplifier, and Melco N1A.

I had some to try at home for a weekend some time ago. Could not hear any difference at all, tried under Linn Akurate DSM, Akurate Exaktbox, Akurate 4200 amplifier, and Melco N1A.
In my mind it would have a better chance of doing something under a valve pre/amp or a turntable. I found an interesting study/experiment on microphony and blasting solid state equipment with noise/vibration caused no measurable change to the output. Wish I had the links handy...

advertisement

Back