advertisement

Lens

christray

pfm Member
Forgive my ignorance but would nikon fit sigma lens from my old 35mm film camera fit say a d7100/ d7200.
Thanks in advance

I bought a cheap adapter from e-bay so I could use legacy Pentax Lens on a Lumix G3. You can use it in manual mode only but that is no biggie.

It's been a while since I was massively interested in cameras but I'm pretty sure the Nikon F mount is essentially the same today as it was when it was introduced. I appreciate there have been some modifications over time but any F mount lens will fit any F mount camera. Which lens you mount to which body will determine the features, or lack of, that are available and you may have to do stuff yourself but they will "work".

It's been a while since I was massively interested in cameras but I'm pretty sure the Nikon F mount is essentially the same today as it was when it was introduced. I appreciate there have been some modifications over time but any F mount lens will fit any F mount camera. Which lens you mount to which body will determine the features, or lack of, that are available and you may have to do stuff yourself but they will "work".
Ai onwards per ai will mangle the appture feeler.
Unless you modify the lens.

Pete

Ah okey dokey, I must admit I was always firmly in the camp they would fit and work in a fashion, never knew there would be any damage issue. Thanks for the info on that one!

advertisement

Back