advertisement

Lenco L 78

nbaptista

pfm Member
I can buy a Lenco L 78 perfectly working for 200€ , but I wonder if is not a risk, if anything happens I can hardly fix it.What can you tell me ?

Lencos are built like 1940s Russian tractors. There is nothing that can’t be fixed!

PS If you are not a DIY type a Lenco may not be for you as really they only come into their own when re-plinthed, used with better arms etc. For €200 you may well be better hunting a Rega, TD-150 or equivalent if you want ‘plug and play’ (or fairly close to that).

If you just want to use it stock I.e in original condition with the original arm and original plinth and you worry about servicing yourself I would get a new Rega 1 or 2 which you just plug in and play. If fitting a cart is a problem I’m sure any Rega dealers will happily fit the cart for you prior to collection.
If you want to modify the Lenco that’d be a different matter as they really can sing with a decent arm and plinth.

As above, a bit expensive for plug and play if that is what you want. You need at least a service and a replacement arm to start getting the best from it. Base price of donor decks here in CH now up from CHF25 9 years ago, to around 100.- today…and I’m pissed I missed one for 45 last week!

After the Garrard crave, the Lenco crave?
Another deck nobody wanted not long ago.
Now € 200? Really?
Somebody goes to some tip, checks ePay then sells it. Disgusting. Don’t buy!

I can buy a Lenco L 78 perfectly working for 200€ ,

As far as I can remember (when I had one in '65/ '66), the L75 was either just the deck or just the arm. The GL75, which I had, was complete with arm, which wasn't, as received wisdom has it, that brilliant.

As far as I can remember (when I had one in '65/ '66), the L75 was either just the deck or just the arm. The GL75, which I had, was complete with arm, which wasn't, as received wisdom has it, that brilliant.

The ‘G’ in either deck was just Goldring badge-engineering/marketing in the UK, ‘Goldring-Lenco’, everywhere else they were just Lencos. Leak and Dynatron badged them in the UK too.

The L75 is fully manual, the L78 has an auto end-of-side arm-lift. Other than that they are identical.

Hi and depends where you are based.

If it's the UK, £200 seems a bit steep! Unless your in a county where all Lenco's are rare.

I'd be tempted to go for a 75 instead as they are simpler.

Check out also Lenco L75, Goldring GL75 and Dynatron and Leak turntables also. They all have a Lenco 75 equivalent. You'll be bale to tell from the visuals.

If anything happens you can diy fix it.

Heavily recommend going lenco heaven . net. They re a super friendly helpful bunch. Plenty to how to guides are incl with step by step photo's. If I can do it, anyone can.

If you get stuck, drop me a pm.

Good luck.

advertisement

Back