advertisement

[FS] Leica M9 Black paint - new sensor Oct 2017 - boxed

topoxforddoc

pfm Member
I have decided to sell my Leica M9, which has served me faithfully for some time. This was sent back in July to Leica in Wetzlar for a new sensor under the Leica replacement programme. Some, but not all, of the original 18 MP CCD sensors had faulty cover glass, which led to corrosion.

Leica developed a brand new replacement sensor with updated firmware to fix this problem. My M9 has just had a new sensor and came back from Leica just over a week ago. I have not used it since then. It has taken c. 29700 exposures.

It is only up for sale, as I was expecting it to be returned by mid October, in time for my holiday to Venice. Unfortunately Leica told me that it would not quite be ready on time. Hence I bought a black M10 as I wasn't prepared to traipse around Venice carrying my medium format S(006). I can't justify having a M9 as well as M10 (plus S006, M6TTL, M2 and two R9/DMRs) - so I am reluctantly going to let it go.

This M9 has the nicer IMHO black paint finish with just a little bit of brassing around the corners, which gives it a nice patina. The screen in unmarked, having had an ACMAXX hard screen protector in place. As part of the replacement sensor service, the camera has had a new leather covering, service and rangefinder adjustment. The camera comes boxed with manual, charger and two original Leica batteries (for some reason I can't find the strap, which I removed before sending back to Leica). I also have a black M8 handgrip (which fits the M9) as well. The paperwork from Leica showing the sensor change will be included.

I would like £2000 firm for the whole package - no trades. If it doesn't sell, I will happily keep it as a backup for my M10.

Collection from Cheltenham or I may be able to deliver within a short distance for a contribution for fuel. Happy to ship worldwide at buyer's cost. Payment by bank transfer, paypal (+3%), or paypal gift.

Please email me for photos and further details - [email protected]

advertisement

Back