advertisement

[IC] Leica M8.2

Cdb3

pfm Member
Camera body only. It is in excellent condition, 4157 actuations, original packaging and contents, etc.

I want to sell this by private sale or to a dealer. Actually, having recently taken a few photos with it, I don't really want to, but I want to simplify what cameras I have and use. I've had offers from online dealers, one being MPB, but I have no idea what their expected mark-up is. MPB are selling an original M8 for £1400 and the 8.2 is a significant upgrade according to the reviews and online discussion, so in theory an 8.2 should be worth more. However, dealers can charge a premium, so if I should try to sell privately I would not expect to get the same. Of course, selling to a dealer is the simplest option.

I would be grateful if someone more knowledgeable than me would comment on the camera's desirability and possible private sale price. Is there a Leica private sale site that I could try? Any views on MPB would also be helpful - I'm concerned that their online offer is far from secure and they would negotiate down once they had the camera.

If anyone is actually interested in buying the camera, please PM me and I can email some photos. I am in Milton Keynes.

let me know if you're thinking of a particular price.....I might be interested having sold one last year and regretting it.

advertisement

Back