advertisement

[FS] Leica M Monochrom (M9M/MM1)

hiphopopotamus

pfm Member
Putting this first version of the Leica M Monochrom up for sale. Tough decision, as I love the camera and the images it produces, and it seems to be going up in value now given the rarity of its CCD monochrome sensor. But the cold-light-of-day reality is that the camera now sits in my bag unused, except for the rarest occasion, as I virtually exclusively shoot film now.

It's in excellent condition and fully boxed. It had the sensor replacement that plagued some of the M9 cameras, so it is free from any of those issues - I'll update this evening to confirm the date of the replacement and to make sure I have the paperwork on that.

Bought from Red Dot Cameras London in March this year for £2750. Cheapest used one I can see on there now is £2800. ebay seems to hit similar/higher prices than this.

I'll let this go to any pfmers for £2500 collected (SE London). Can post at cost.

Will get photos up later tonight - any questions in the meantime let me know.

Having explored options, £2k is the approximate trade in value I'll get in a shop. On the other hand, I can see that there's one listed for £2500 on ebay in similar condition. If I sold mine for that, I'd clear approx £2200 after ebay fees. Seems to be little in it, and after erring and ahhing over keeping in the short term as prices likely creep up, I'll probably take the trade in option just to keep things simple and so I can get on with building up my film kit.

Thus, potential bargain alert for people here - if anyone wants to make me an offer above £2k in the next day or two before it goes to a trade in for that value, just let me know.

As suspected, I have the sensor replacement documentation from Leica Store Paris (Beaumarchais) in 2017. I'll also include my purchase documentation from Red Dot Cameras in March 2021 for £2750. Otherwise, the camera is fully boxed (with matching serial number box), has unused original straps and various cables, and comes with battery and charger. Can also throw in a 32gb SD card if it helps someone get going - I have too many of them. Serial number suggests its production date to be around end of 2012/early 2013. Very few signs the camera has been used. Edit: photos now available here:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmXjPf5X

advertisement

Back