advertisement

legend or crazy man?

kasperhauser

pfm Member
Though this isn't specifically a music question, my best chance at an answer would be among music people, so here goes:

Is it possible Glyn Johns lives in Eugene, Oregon?

While I was out trawling record bins this weekend, I overheard a rather eclectic-looking fellow going through a small stack of records he'd collected and remarking to his son, "See? I engineered on that one". One album he was holding up was Faces' "Ooh La la". The son was saying (rather bemusedly) "Yes dad, yes dad, oh yes, I know dad".

Ok, yes, they both had accents (relative to their context), and yes, I've googled. The guys I saw were of the appropriate vintage; the son could have been Ethan Johns (no beard though). All the Glyn Johns pictures I see are too old for me to say for sure it was or wasn't him.

I expect someone will be on and say, "err, no, they live across the street from me and haven't left the house in weeks" or "not possible, I saw them 'round the pub last weekend". In which case I'll conclude he was simply a harmless, batty old fellow out lp shopping with his kindly son.

I mean, it's all a bit improbable.

PS - Soon after they left there, I also left and went to another record shop, where they showed up a few minutes later.
PPS - I'm >90% sure one of the other albums in his stack was a Linda Ronstadt album.

I've just run across an actual picture of Ethan Johns (apparently I was looking at Ray Lamontagne earlier. Oops.).

Still can't tell.

Well, I hope when I'm an old nutcase, I believe I'm Eddie Money. Between the Alzheimer's and the Parkinson's, I'll really wow 'em down at "the home" with my version of "Shakin'".

advertisement

Back