1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Leeches and Parasites up for Reselection!!

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Mullardman, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Mick P

Mick P Retired and content

demersal

Back in the early nineties, the Post Office went through reorganisations countless times. I had to re apply for my own post 3 times in about two years.

I actually got a good pay rise out of the last one, so although it's a pain, it sometimes has its benefits.

Mick

2. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Good luck Mull. Just tell 'em what they want to hear in the interview and you'll be laughing, make something up about cost efficiency and value add and you'll have nae bother.

3. rbrown

rbrown I think therefore I think I am

Best of luck from me too Mull. I remember receiving some very good advice from you a year or so ago, relating to our foster son's options. Hope the interview goes well and I've no doubt that you deserve to get it.

Rich

4. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

But how so Jon? Naturally my friends and family are aware of my situation, but here is where I engage in a bit of debate over public spending, which is the source of funding for my job.
    Thanks for the good wishes. :)

Mull

5. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

Thanks for the good wishes Chaps.

There is a pretty strong consensus that somewhere in H.O. is a penciled list, but I don't think you can rely on that.

There were no real 'curve ball' questions and all three of my interviewers wrote furiously throughout, which at least in my business indicates that you are saying what they want to hear.

I'm obviously more concerned about this situation, even though I've faced redundancy numerous times before. Who the hell is going to employ a 62 year old with a dodgy ticker on anything like a decent salary?

I think that part of it is that I work in a very strong team and genuinely can't see why any of my colleagues shouldn't get through. That said, I noticed, and also heard anecdotally of some people from other offices/teams whose interviews were very short. Interviews are continuing for several days yet.

I don't have to come first. I have to come in approx. the first 200 out of 300.

On the down side, I start in at a 10% disadvantage on the scoring system, due to sickness. That pisses me off for 2 reasons. First the sickness in question was hardly trivial. Labyrinthitis, and a small stroke.
    Lastly, I have a caseload. Nobody touches your caseload unless you are going to be off for a long time, so the effect of being off sick for a week or two is zilch, except that you have to run to catch up. Not very fair IMHO, but quite legal.

Still. All done now.

I shall find out on 15th March. By email. :D

Mull

6. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

fingers crossed

7. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

Thinking of you. Sounds like you couldn't have done anything more.

8. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Imagineer

Best of luck Col. Whatever the result, I hope it turns out for the best.

9. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

Fingers crossed here too.

My nephew has just been told he has to be interviewed for his job. Eight people applying for six jobs; one person was going to take voluntary redundancy but changed her mind, another has decided to carry on working ... at 70.