advertisement

Led Zeppelin

nbaptista

pfm Member
What are the best álbuns? I have the Led Zeppelin II, I wonder if I should buy the IV with the song”Stairway to heaven”.I prefer alternative rock, like Radiohead or Sonic Youth,I am not a big fan of metal/hard rock.I guess Zep is metal/hard rock, no?

Why don’t you stream the albums and see if you like the music. The fidelity of the recordings aren’t that great.

good grief - no, not heavy metal - although certainly guilty of having spawned g** knows how many shite bands, who have almost all taken exclusively superficial elements without understanding the group's musical influences and intentions imo.

there's (heavy) rock / funk / folk and 'world' too, even a jazzy feel at times on certain Page solos, with no compromises in terms of commercial considerations, or marketing agenda.

Despite the Stairway stigma (and controversy: hello Spirit ;-) ), IV is probably their most consistent and condensed 'statement'.
Great stuff on all the albums (inc. Presence 'for your life' 'royal orleans' , and even 'in through the out door' with 'Fool in the rain' ...).

Physical Graffiti has arguably the best highs (and worst lows - in my time of dying etc) with something like 'in the light' with it's glorious canon (as in Pachelbel [now spelt correctly ;)]) arrangement of the main ascending guitar parts in what passes for it's chorus, underlining the band's uniqueness - and always 'tight but loose' ...

and ...

a) don't know why I've written this, as I've pretty much decided never to listen to them again due to other, non-musical, considerations
and
b) the OP has decided he doesn't like 'em already :D

Last edited:
My two favourites are IV and the often overlooked In Through The Out Door. The first track is the straightest rock/blues number on there, after that all sorts go on, it may just fit the OP's alt. rock preference.

I, III, Houses, Graffiti, and Presence

I could go for the rest of my life without playing II or Zoso again.

as pickwick, says, buy and buy some more, you should get into the Zep like i did at 14 ,,wearing shit flicker's, flare's to you,
still wearing them now,
skinny jeans my arse ,
levi's 512. bootcut, i walk my own line ,

Last edited:
One of my favs. Certainly not poo.

I have a copy and I used to play it about once a year, but it never got any better.

Like most things, opinions differ, but I dislike the album and think it is poor. If you ever want another copy you can have mine for a reasonable price.

R-5206169-1389877537-1664.jpeg.jpg

More Images

Led Zeppelin ‎– Presence
Label:
Swan Song ‎– SSK 59402
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, Embossed Gatefold
UK
Released:
31 Mar 1976
Genre:
Rock