advertisement

Leak system playing up

kwmason

Won Ton On
Hi All,

looking for suggestions for first places to check in my office Leak system. I purchased it last year from a PM'er advertised as Leak Stereo 20, Varislope Preamp - both recently serviced and a pair of troughline 2 tuners both spares or repair as neither tested.

I set the system up and one of the tuners worked albeit with the pre-amp set to mono. Over the last week its started cutting out regularly which has got worse until now it doesnt come on although if you turn the volume up to full you can hear the radio in the background.

Suggestions for things to check apart form the obvious get the tuner checked over

the previous owner had them serviced AudioAl
Tried all the tweaks mentioned and its working a treat now - think the gain switches were the culprit

the previous owner had them serviced AudioAl
Tried all the tweaks mentioned and its working a treat now - think the gain switches were the culprit

I thought they would be the issue.... it will happen repeatedly but you know what it is now. You could obviously change the switch if not over concerned about originality or link it out internally so it's permanently at the correct sensitivity.

advertisement

Back