advertisement

Lazy as hell Sunday Dinners

Don't think we’ve had their Lorne yet, often get steak packs to send as Xmas hampers to family as well as for ourselves. The mini burgers and steaks are great, special occasion I like a T-Bone meself, missus goes for the fillet.

The rib eye burgers are excellent btw.

my fav, one minute each side on a hot hot griddle, simple red wine sauce and some sauted pots. Some nice leaves like watercress. Yum

Aye I like bavette too, think it’s the picana steaks you have to cook rare otherwise you can’t eat them.

Bugger - I am on on of my almost-fast days right now - could do without temptation threads like this. Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow morning!

This is why I miss my butcher. If he didn't have the cut I want of something, he'd cut it there and then. Far cheaper than any online service I've ever seen, too - and superb quality of meat. I hope he survives this covid crap :( I am so going to stock the freezer with goodness :)

In the US, wild and game meat is making a comeback, at a price.

Field harvested Bison, South Texas Antelope and wild boar are all available, though expensive.

wildideabuffalo.com

brokenarrowranch.com

This is why I miss my butcher. If he didn't have the cut I want of something, he'd cut it there and then. Far cheaper than any online service I've ever seen, too - and superb quality of meat. I hope he survives this covid crap :( I am so going to stock the freezer with goodness :)

We used our local butcher for years, we have had, or until recently, a steak every Saturday night for 15 years the vast majority of those steaks were from the local butcher but he wasn't cheap cause steak ain't cheap but occasionally we would have a really poor steak (it's an animal thing init) then we started buy our steaks from M&S and Aldi (very poor but cheap) but since this pandemic kicked in I've been buying the steaks online, delivery is excellent and I don't have to go to a shop with all of that social distancing etc and the steaks from the three places that I've bought from these past 15 months have been consistently very good.

The local butcher is still open but we've only been to him once since the pandemic kicked in and that was at Christmas for our Christmas food which was very good but a bit expensive.

In the US, wild and game meat is making a comeback, at a price.

Field harvested Bison, South Texas Antelope and wild boar are all available, though expensive.

wildideabuffalo.com

brokenarrowranch.com

I'm jealous. It's been a while since I had boar, 35 years actually. My dad brought some back from France, I remember it being delicious, with far more flavour than farmed pork. Horsemeat from France was delicious too.

Fish fingers are very underrated; them, instant mash and peas was my (fast) student days Sunday treat.

For me roast chicken is the ultimate cook itself dish. Rub in fat/seasoning, stuff garlic, herbs or whatever else in the cavity, in the oven for about 1hr for a 1.5kg bird, chuck in par boiled spuds at some point. Let chicken rest, add water to pan juices, and there you have it.
Exactly so. Dead easy, dirt cheap too. I must admit one of my favourite s is any variation on pork and beans. Feijoada, cassoulet, jaret de porc aux lentilles, there's a new one every day. They're all great.

advertisement

Back