Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Lazy as hell Sunday Dinners

Discussion in 'off topic' started by GruntPuppy, May 2, 2021.

1. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

my fav, one minute each side on a hot hot griddle, simple red wine sauce and some sauted pots. Some nice leaves like watercress. Yum

martin clark and twotone like this.
  2. twotone

twotone pfm Member

The rib eye burgers are excellent btw.

3. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Aye I like bavette too, think it’s the picana steaks you have to cook rare otherwise you can’t eat them.

4. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

Aye we’ve had them and the others inc pork and apple which are very nice for a change.

twotone likes this.
  5. Bjork67

Bjork67 pfm Member

I must not eat again tonight :confused:, keep away from food threads.

6. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Bugger - I am on on of my almost-fast days right now - could do without temptation threads like this. Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow morning!

7. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

This is why I miss my butcher. If he didn't have the cut I want of something, he'd cut it there and then. Far cheaper than any online service I've ever seen, too - and superb quality of meat. I hope he survives this covid crap :( I am so going to stock the freezer with goodness :)

8. DimitryZ

DimitryZ pfm Member

In the US, wild and game meat is making a comeback, at a price.

Field harvested Bison, South Texas Antelope and wild boar are all available, though expensive.

wildideabuffalo.com

brokenarrowranch.com

GruntPuppy likes this.
  9. twotone

twotone pfm Member

We used our local butcher for years, we have had, or until recently, a steak every Saturday night for 15 years the vast majority of those steaks were from the local butcher but he wasn't cheap cause steak ain't cheap but occasionally we would have a really poor steak (it's an animal thing init) then we started buy our steaks from M&S and Aldi (very poor but cheap) but since this pandemic kicked in I've been buying the steaks online, delivery is excellent and I don't have to go to a shop with all of that social distancing etc and the steaks from the three places that I've bought from these past 15 months have been consistently very good.

The local butcher is still open but we've only been to him once since the pandemic kicked in and that was at Christmas for our Christmas food which was very good but a bit expensive.

10. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

I'm jealous. It's been a while since I had boar, 35 years actually. My dad brought some back from France, I remember it being delicious, with far more flavour than farmed pork. Horsemeat from France was delicious too.

narabdela likes this.
  11. Bart

Bart pfm Member

Fish fingers are very underrated; them, instant mash and peas was my (fast) student days Sunday treat.

12. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Exactly so. Dead easy, dirt cheap too. I must admit one of my favourite s is any variation on pork and beans. Feijoada, cassoulet, jaret de porc aux lentilles, there's a new one every day. They're all great.