Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] Lawn Green Bowls

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Whaleblue, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

In an attempt to get the least HiFi classified award…

Mrs Wb and I are taking up Lawn Bowls, and would like some reasonable bowls to get us under way, for the remainder of this season and through the next and maybe beyond. The club we’ve joined has some, but few complete/consistent sets!

What we do know is that Mrs Wb needs a Size 0, and I need a Size 4. After a medium Bias. Having held a few we’d prefer ones with the more modern grips (like the Taylor Progrip).

Any colours welcomed.

We’re in Worthing, and happy to travel a little way to save postage, or obviously pay for shipping.

Accessories such as trolley cases also of interest!

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    gavreid and Alex S like this.
  2. Alex S

Alex S carbon based lifeform

I guess if you’re in Worthing you could just pick a few up while no one’s looking.

JezmondTutu, Rana and Whaleblue like this.
  3. Accuphaseman

Accuphaseman pfm Member

Hi Ian,

I have some Drakes Pride in brown size 4 if your interested.

4. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Very cool!

5. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

Hi Andy, thanks. Which model, and age?

6. Accuphaseman

Accuphaseman pfm Member

Drakes Pride Professional.
    I bought them in 2000. Their fine for club roll ups and league games up to county league, but reach a county final and they are out of date.

7. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

Thanks again Andy. Hoping for something a little newer but will certainly bear in mind. Will PM anyway to understand pricing!

8. Rana

Rana pfm Member

Worthing has got to you Ian :)! Nice place - lived there from 99-04 (High Salvington near the windmill) whilst I worked for Ricardo Consulting Engineers. Used to be loads of high quality used stuff there in those days, not the hi-fi drought-land that is West Berkshire.

9. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

Yup, loving being by the sea Rana! There are several bowls clubs down here would you believe ;)

Still looking for both sets if anyone has anything.

Rana likes this.
  10. misterc6

misterc6 Wasted and wounded, it ain’t what the moon did

Ask around in the club you’ve joined, many of the members will have more than one set of bowls and will loan you a set to try out which will give you a better feel for what suits you, and Mrs Wb. Buying two sets more recent than 2000 will cost several hundred pounds and could easily leave you disappointed if you weren’t able to try them out first.

Malcolm (Bowls Umpire)

Whaleblue likes this.
  11. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

Thanks Malcolm. I knew there would be some bowls players here, and appreciate the wisdom.

misterc6 likes this.
  12. JezmondTutu

JezmondTutu pfm Member

Hope you get a set sorted!

I did a taster session at a works sports day with one of the chaps from my team. Have to say we thoroughly enjoyed it, felt like there was far more to it than ten pin bowling or boules.

Have you looked at FB Marketplace as there are loads on there?

Whaleblue and Careym like this.
  13. misterc6

misterc6 Wasted and wounded, it ain’t what the moon did

Whaleblue likes this.