advertisement

Later with Jools

FWIW in my post I wasn't claiming there isn't any good new music, I buy tons of it, go and have a look in the 'Best Albums 2019' thread. Of course there was shite released in the 60s/70s, but we aren't talking about that.

I was specifically talking about absolute classic albums that will still be being bought in 40-50 years time, it's those that I see a lack of. I think it's mainly because such huge leaps in creativity are no longer possible, we're well into the law of diminishing returns when it comes to this.

I can't wait to see which albums from the last 10-15 years take on some future meaning, I mean FFS people are paying silly money for some Oasis vinyl and they were just Status Quo with a monobrow.
I hope people continue to pay big bucks for Oasis records, I have their first two on vinyl which are hardly played. ;)

I hope people continue to pay big bucks for Oasis records, I have their first two on vinyl which are hardly played. ;)

Familiar To Millions triple live album is the one you want. Mine is mint and unplayed. Even the crap third album is tidy little sum. They'll be the first two I cash in when the time comes.

Familiar To Millions triple live album is the one you want. Mine is mint and unplayed. Even the crap third album is tidy little sum. They'll be the first two I cash in when the time comes.
Nobody bought the 3rd one, amazing what 90s vinyl goes for. I have the first 3 Doves albums so I can rest easy

advertisement

Back