advertisement

Last minute sanity check before I sell my Quad ESL 63s

The NS-1000's are certainly on my bucket list, but I'm not actively seeking to replace the ESLs as I still have far too many speakers and my parents would have a fit if I brought another pair of speakers into the house so soon! :eek:

I drowned my sorrows last night with a session on the Celestion Ditton 66 I painstakingly refurbished last year and, TBH, they work so well in my listening room it would take something very special to dethrone them. So perhaps I should quit while I'm ahead...

If it's any consolation, provided the Dittons don't draw attention to themselves for any reason your ears (brain?) will rapidly get used to them. They will become the new paradigm. Don't look back.

I want to ask if it is possible to obtain a bass response from the ESL63 that’s closer to its anechoic response by using it in a larger room and/or pulling it further away from the rear wall?

Short reply: no.

(I have a 4 x 7 m room. After years of waging battle in it I sold my 63s. Cheaply. No regrets. But them I have a spare pair of mint 57s ;-)

advertisement

Back