advertisement

Lana Del Rey - Born To Die

bor

queue jumper
It's good/It's hype/it's good/it's hype/it's..

It's good.

I bought this for my wife... no, really...anyway, I think it's pretty damn nice.

How to describe ? It's a wierd collision between Doris Day/Kate Bush/Amy Winehouse with lyrics from 2011 languidly sung over a cool '60s music backdrop. She is always pouty and aloof, wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide vocal range, high to low, fast then slow, but always cool.

The production makes an impressive jump from radio to hi-fi, and will definitely be coming to a dem-room near you in 2012.

Nicely different piece of work.Recommended. Buy it for your wives..

A bit shit hip-hop for my taste and nothing like her previous two singles. I preferred her when she sported her own nose and lips and was called Lizzie Grant.

The album is better than I thought it was going to be.

Coming from a rich family doesn't stop anybody from being confused and depressed. At least she can afford to take mind-altering drugs. Lol.

Jack

her 'video game' song is very good also very good recording apart from a slight to much gain on her vocals(topend break up)

born to die good single after two minutes same old shite boring goes on and on very flat ,,,don't jump on the wagon ,,,,

I managed to get a chance to listen to this CD today, I liked it so much I took it out the
car and listened to it at home.
Much better than Anna Calvi whom the UK press were hyping last year (maybe not a
good comparison but I've got an Anna Calvi LP here that I doubt will get a second listen)

mrs pqpq bought it last week and it's a grower I think. Seems quite bland at first but rewards repeated listening.

It took me ages to work out what that video games song sounded like. Come back and stay by Paul young

Paul had better hair though, and seemed a bit less broody.

The unreleased Kill, Kill or Nevada Master of 2009 (Lizzy Grant) is better...or check out Grace Woodroofe instead...

The Lizzy Grant stuff isn't unreleased, it was deleted when her old man bought out her contract. I have all her previous stuff

advertisement

Back