advertisement

Lame synth records...

madmike

I feel much better now, I really do...
I have discovered that I have a slightly odd penchant for lame synth records such as....

Adrian Wagner - The Last Inca
Absolute Elsewhere - In Search of Ancient Gods
Deodato - Prelude
Streetmark and Reichman - S/T (though this does show what was to come when Wolfgang went solo - tragic story, he never lived to see it released)

Am I alone in this ?

Eumir Deodato used synths from "2" onwards but "Prelude" is all Fender Rhodes so not really synth. :)

The Absolute Elsewhere album is just dull instrumental 'prog' to my ears. I bought it on the strength of Bill Bruford being on it but Bill, WTF?

I do like the Wagner album though - I bought that off the back of his appearance on "The Gremlin" on "Captain Lockheed".

As for the Streetmark & Reichmann album, that's a reissue of "Eileen" with a different track order made in the wake of the success of "Wunderbar". Earlier in their career, they were just a very average German rock band. Very tragic what happened to Wolfgang. It's pretty typical of a lot of Sky releases so if you like it, you'll like albums by Adelbert von Deyen, Tyndall, Nik Tyndall and Dieter Schütz.

A few others you might like that fits the description:

The Rah Band - The Crunch & Beyond

The Vulcans - Star Trek

But the award for most overpriced lame synth album has to be "Still Human" by Transparent Illusion.

Hey Seeker - a fellow Ash Ra fan ! I have Join In, Schwingungen and with Rosie on cd !

I have New Age of Earth, Blackouts and Correlations on vinyl...don't have the first one.

advertisement

Back