Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer VII

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Seeker_UK, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

Yeah I don’t think any of this makes even tactical sense. It’s really not popular. It’s a matter of pure dogma: they really like limited public spending and they really don’t like unions.

Although in fairness it does suit the long term strategic interests *of this particular faction* for the party to be tied to low spending and billionaires, even if that’s a suboptimal electoral strategy. As ever it’s not just that these people are thick and unpleasant: they’re pursuing their particular interests. It’s sometimes hard to recognise that because the popular critical *and* positive take on Blairites is that they want to win power at any cost. They don’t really: they want to consolidate their power within the party and being in government is a secondary concern.

I know you know all this by the way it’s just a general rant.

droodzilla likes this.
  2. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

It hasn't been dismissed 'angrily'.

3. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

LOL

4. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

Nobody is ‘angry’ about the subject of MMT

5. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

LOL

6. Spraggons Den

Spraggons Den pfm Member

Rome burning whilst the Tory party fiddles . Brown making the case for more government intervention in the cost of living crisis and Labour too. From todays Grinder:

With pressure growing for action, senior Labour sources have confirmed to the Observer that the party is preparing to back a key intervention designed to curb the winter crisis, in addition to the removal of VAT on energy bills that it has already supported.

7. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

8. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Seanm likes this.
  9. klfrs

klfrs chill out

The Mail, and other right biased news, are hostile to Sir Keir.
    Makes you think, doesn't it?

10. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

Does it though. They’re pretty hostile to Sunak too and this is not evidence that he’s a social democrat or a threat to Tory rule.

klfrs likes this.
  11. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Yawn

doctorf likes this.
  12. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

If it has that effect you should read it more often?

13. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Probably not the right thread for it, but here’s a lovely informative map (Twitter).

lordsummit and klfrs like this.
  14. vince rocker

vince rocker pfm Member

Mark Francois has > 50% support in his constituency. CHAOS.

15. Kirk

Kirk pfm Member

The Daily Mail and the Corbynistas share a bed...

klfrs and ks.234 like this.
  16. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

Next door to me. I don't know for sure but it may well have been his hatred for travelling folk that gets him such a percentage as I'd be pretty sure all his constituents are racist knuckle dragging tools aswell. At least half of them, anyway.

17. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

18. klfrs

klfrs chill out

ks.234 likes this.
  19. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

ks.234 likes this.
  20. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member