advertisement

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer VII

Answer the question or if you can't then don't reply to me. There is no interest in your psychological observations, fella.
I’ve replied to some of what you have asked despite your ill manners, others have too. Meanwhile, you fail to reply to virtually anything, rolling out the tired excuse of “it’s the wrong question” and continuing to preach. You still have absolutely no suggestion of a realistic way forward.

Your insistence only yourself and one other member accepts the ‘national credit card’ notion is bollocks....is bollocks.

We have a GE in the next couple of years and I want a change of govt. What is it you want?

I’ve replied to some of what you have asked despite your ill manners, others have too. Meanwhile, you fail to reply to virtually anything, rolling out the tired excuse of “it’s the wrong question” and continuing to preach. You still have absolutely no suggestion of a realistic way forward.

Your insistence only yourself and one other member accepts the ‘national credit card’ notion is bollocks....is bollocks.

We have a GE in the next couple of years and I want a change of govt. What is it you want?
None of this bothers me, because you're merely ranting. The proof is in the pudding. I just laid out a very clear and comprehensive post and you won't address it because you can't. The astonishing ability to call people 'ill-mannered' tells us you don't read your own posts with a balanced eye.

You have provided nothing at all. To say I haven't replied to points directly is contradicted in black/white above for anyone to read, so anyone is invited to do so. They'll note that I provided answers rather than "LOL" and one-sentence evasion. I'm at peace.

Your last sentence is ridiculous, because the last few pages were to highlight the problems around that very question. I can even predict the next posts going round and round and never learning from discussion:

- What is your solution?
- Why don't you make a party to carry out your view?
- Do you prefer the Tories?
- Labour s the only solution...

It's boring.

The contradiction is advising to "beware of reading from the internet" at same time as inviting everyone to read your MMT opinions from the internet.
They can go and check reputable research to support it as well. If they care to. Or just cut-n-paste an opinion piece from Bloomberg et al.

This is a tired old tactic, to ask an irrelevant question, then despite any number of attempts to answer it directly, you claim it hasn’t been answered because it doesn’t address the irrelevance of the question. The way forward has been answered time and time again. If you can only see a way forward that is in a vote for a mainstream political party, that’s up to you. But, for a recognition that tax does not fund government spending, the answer is not there.

I note your carefully worded sentence, so I will have to ask exactly what you mean by the “national credit card notion is bollocks”.

What is this “notional credit card notion” of which you speak, and how is it “bollocks”

A government that isn’t elected on known lies

None of this bothers me, because you're merely ranting. The proof is in the pudding. I just laid out a very clear and comprehensive post and you won't address it because you can't. The astonishing ability to call people 'ill-mannered' tells us you don't read your own posts with a balanced eye.

You have provided nothing at all. To say I haven't replied to points directly is contradicted in black/white above for anyone to read, so anyone is invited to do so. They'll note that I provided answers rather than "LOL" and one-sentence evasion. I'm at peace.

You're last sentence is ridiculous, because the last few pages were to highlight the problems around that very question. I can even predict the next posts going round and round and never learning from discussion:

- What is your solution?
- Why don't you make a party to carry out your view?
- Do you prefer the Tories?
- Labour s the only solution...

It's boring.
Yes, very noticeable how infectious TINA a an be.

The contradiction is advising to "beware of reading from the internet" at same time as inviting everyone to read your MMT opinions from the internet.
Yes, thought that was what you were trying to do, but that is no more than selective quoting out of context for a purpose only you know.

As I say, any moderately reasonable person reading that post can see that I was not advising that someone on an internet forum should not go on the internet. Even if only a half reasonable person was in any doubt, they might read the word “much” which you have carefully edited out. And even if some was even less reasonable, they would still notice the internet link at the end of the post.

For absolute clarity I was not suggesting that the internet should not be used, or that some information on there is useful, I meant that what I said. “Beware of reading from the internet, much of it is anti MMT and proceeds from, “MMT says x, therefore y”, but in most cases MMT doesn’t say x, and false presumptions lead to false conclusions

Yes, thought that was what you were trying to do, but that is no more than selective quoting out of context for a purpose only you know.

As I say, any moderately reasonable person reading that post can see that I was not advising that someone on an internet forum should not go on the internet. Even if only a half reasonable person was in any doubt, they might read the word “much” which you have carefully edited out. And even if some was even less reasonable, they would still notice the internet link at the end of the post.
If only you were in charge of deciding who is a "moderately reasonable person", and what should be read on the internet.

If only you were in charge of deciding who is a "moderately reasonable person", and what should be read on the internet.
This is not a fair representation of what Ks is saying. It was simply that practically all of the negative kickback against any MMT/post-Keynesian discussion is ill-informed and relies heavily on arguments from hit-pieces and hack journalism, based upon false premises. Often to confirm a bias.

Poor grade trolling there ol chap. Again you selectively misquote. I was not using “moderately reasonable person” in reference to the whole internet, just your own nonsense posts.

This is not a fair representation of what Ks is saying. It was simply that practically all of the negative kickback against any MMT/post-Keynesian discussion is ill-informed and relies heavily on arguments from hit-pieces and hack journalism, based upon false premises. Often to confirm a bias.
He knows it is not what I was saying, he’s just trying to troll. Again.

You give people the best weapons available to fight neoliberalism as an ideology and they throw them back at you and shout "false!" It's some masochistic Stockholm Syndrome going on there.

You give people the best weapons available to fight neoliberalism as an ideology and they throw them back at you and shout "false!" It's some masochistic Stockholm Syndrome going on there.
Other methods of processing differences of opinion are available.

Sounds clever, but isn't. I'm referring to facts, not opinions.

But my interest is piqued, what are the other effective methods? Discounting for uninformed bias?

Sounds clever, but isn't. I'm referring to facts, not opinions.

But my interest is piqued, what are the other effective methods? Discounting for uninformed bias?
Comprehending opinions aren't facts would be the place to start. hth

You came into this discussion on the back of my post saying that tax does not fund government spending, if you have a difference of opinion about that, why just not say what it is?

Comprehending opinions aren't facts would be the place to start. hth
Again, what is it you are disputing? You addressed my post about tax not funding spending. If you have a different opinion, for God’s sake, let’s hear it.

Again, what is it you are disputing? You addressed my post about tax not funding spending. If you have a different opinion, for God’s sake, let’s hear it.
chill out
You came into this discussion on the back of my post saying that tax does not fund government spending, if you have a difference of opinion about that, why just not say what it is?
Will post as and when I wish. Subject to AUP, but not self-appointed fuzz.

advertisement

Back