advertisement

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer VII

Union leaders have a relatively narrow remit so they can stay on message. It’s a bit trickier when you need a view on everything.

In a couple of weeks it will be ‘Mick who?’, in a couple of years he may be an MP, then short after he will talk of ‘the Palace of Westminster’. A path well trodden.

Most MPs have fairly narrow interests, it's union leaders who need and have a broad perspective. I've sat at the same table as a few including Kevin Courtney, Frances O'Grady and top bods from unite, unison and gmb.

The very founding of the Labour Party demonstates that the Union Leaders always had a political vision above narrow, economic, sectoral interests.

I hear from Sky News that till-dipping right-wing Labour gammon Ian Austin is already briefing against the party. No surprise since he was always on the UKIP/EDL wing of the party as I recall.
No, standard centrist/right winger, bit of a Brownite. Hs ennoblement was a straightforward bribe for suicide bombing his own party and had nothing to do with Brexit. In a better country he's be a byword for political corruption, but nobody who counts talks about it because they all basically approve.

I disagree. pfm members predicted that the Con/Dem coalition would quickly collapse, that Trump would lose the 2016 US election, and that Remain would win the EU Referendum. The pfm membership is predominantly liberal/soft left, and there’s nearly always a fair amount of wishful thinking in its discussions.
Sorry, but I said political trends, not outcomes. That there was a general trend to think that Leave and Trump would fail and that trend was reflected on pfm, is very much my point. Pfm reflected a more general thinking that preceded an outcome. Likewise, while it is too early to predict an outcome, my hope is that the liberal/soft left trend on pfm that is sympathetic the ML is reflected in the world outside.

No sensible person believes that lefties slagging off Labour on a hifi forum, or anywhere else, could ever result in a Tory government. So why do people keep saying it? Because going on to a discussion forum specifically to tell people to STFU is just too obviously weird.
Nobody is really saying the first bit, as any sensible person knows, and that’s at least twice now you’ve posted the nonsense in bold.

What is a cenrist.
A centrist is someone who cannot vote Tory or Labour so vote Lib Dem which was usually a cop out in years gone by, by those least affected by Government policy, which usually boils down to the wealthier in society.

A centrist is someone who cannot vote Tory or Labour so vote Lib Dem which was usually a cop out in years gone by, by those least affected by Government policy, which usually boils down to the wealthier in society.

Have you got your specs on?

You do know we're talking about a typo, or is there something else in your fevered brain?
I believe in the right to life. Abortion is not something i personally believe in. I'm not alone. If you disagree then that is your right as an individual but i don't have to agree with it.

I believe in the right to life. Abortion is not something i personally believe in. I'm not alone. If you disagree then that is your right as an individual but i don't have to agree with it.

Wtf has that got to do with a typo which was being remarked on, I asked if you had your specs on as you may not have seen it. I have given no opinion or dialogue on abortion, are you on the right thread?

Wtf has that got to do with a typo which was being remarked on, I asked if you had your specs on as you may not have seen it. I have given no opinion or dialogue on abortion, are you on the right thread?
Typo is a make of contraception obvs.

advertisement

Back