advertisement

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer VII

Interesting that Mick Lynch seems to be getting a favourable response.

Mick Lynch: rail union bruiser who’s more than a match for the media

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-bruiser-whos-more-than-a-match-for-the-media

I hope he is getting support, but I would want to see something in a paper that wasn't the Graun, Mirror or Morning Star before I was 100% convinced he was getting a favorable response with supporters outside of the expected demographic.

Here lies the problem. Over 100 pages of people mostly slagging off Labour & the Tories do the same. Result is a Tory government, who knew?

No sensible person believes that lefties slagging off Labour on a hifi forum, or anywhere else, could ever result in a Tory government. So why do people keep saying it? Because going on to a discussion forum specifically to tell people to STFU is just too obviously weird.

I hope he is getting support, but I would want to see something in a paper that wasn't the Graun, Mirror or Morning Star before I was 100% convinced he was getting a favorable response with supporters outside of the expected demographic.
I think pfm has a good history of reflecting trends. That’s not to say it reflects the political balance in the country as a whole, but which way things are going. As such, I hope the support for Mick Lynch speaking to the country on vital issues that our *all* our political parties fail to do, is gaining traction.

I hear from Sky News that till-dipping right-wing Labour gammon Ian Austin is already briefing against the party. No surprise since he was always on the UKIP/EDL wing of the party as I recall.

I hear from Sky News that till-dipping right-wing Labour gammon Ian Austin is already briefing against the party. No surprise since he was always on the UKIP/EDL wing of the party as I recall.

Not Labour for some time, and ennobled by Johnson for services to Brexit and turncoatery.

What a guy.

Another Red Wall seat, Stoke, that needs to be taken off this complete sh1t:

Mp5OFZ9.jpg

Gammon through and through.

In October 2021, Gullis suggested at a fringe meeting during the Conservative Party conference that people using the term "white privilege" should be reported to the Home Office as extremists and that teachers found criticising the Conservative Party should be sacked.[24][25][26]

January 2022 Gullis drew attention due to his lack of a face covering and "bellowing with his mouth wide open and appearing to rock backwards and forwards" in the Commons during Prime Minister's Questions.

I disagree. pfm members predicted that the Con/Dem coalition would quickly collapse, that Trump would lose the 2016 US election, and that Remain would win the EU Referendum. The pfm membership is predominantly liberal/soft left, and there’s nearly always a fair amount of wishful thinking in its discussions.

Couldn't have put that better myself. Thanks Joe.

Mick has become a media darling but he's arguably getting more attention for his delivery than his message (which seems to be morphing into the usual: we want more money). However, if he succeeds in getting a good deal for the RMT then the Labour left should waste no time in lining him up as their new leader.

I disagree. pfm members predicted that the Con/Dem coalition would quickly collapse, that Trump would lose the 2016 US election, and that Remain would win the EU Referendum. The pfm membership is predominantly liberal/soft left, and there’s nearly always a fair amount of wishful thinking in its discussions.

It is a learning curve. I’ve since recognised that the UK and American public are about 10-15% thicker and more racist/authoritarian than my initial estimates!

I never for a second thought I’d see either the USA or UK teetering right on the very brink of fascism in my lifetime, yet here we are…

Mick has become a media darling but he's arguably getting more attention for his delivery than his message (which seems to be morphing into the usual: we want more money). However, if he succeeds in getting a good deal for the RMT then the Labour left should waste no time in lining him up as their new leader.

MerseyRail has already settled for 7% but the Government is currently blocking any progress in the national talks

MerseyRail has already settled for 7% but the Government is currently blocking any progress in the national talks

It's a slightly different situation. That was part of business as usual; an annual salary negotiation between TSSA and the employer. It's not politically charged, nor headline news, London commuters weren't affected and the Grant Shapps wasn't involved, so was a bit easier in those respects. :)

advertisement

Back