advertisement

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer VII

Seems to be a fair bit of Twitter noise suggesting the Tories are prepping for a snap general election and are already briefing junior MPs etc to be ready. I find this unlikely given how hated and discredited Johnson is, but here’s an interesting theory (Twitter).

PS I’m in no way suggesting the police aren’t bent enough to act in an entirely partisan and far-right manner. The Met tell us they are on a daily basis!

It'd be a victory for Johnson either way. If he gets away with it (again) he may have a second term, if he loses the election he's voted out in the normal way and not thrown in the back of the police van that his conduct so richly deserves. HRH will do nothing, Prince Charles is perhaps constrained by Kompromat (in cash in cases or otherwise).

Just occurred to me that the penny may have dropped that Brexit is absolutely unworkable and those that did this to the country (Johnson’s far-right) may prefer to lose an election than admit that. They are already at the stage of breaking international law and there is zero coherent strategy. Why not pass the buck?!

Just occurred to me that the penny may have dropped that Brexit is absolutely unworkable and those that did this to the country (Johnson’s far-right) may prefer to lose an election than admit that. They are already at the stage of breaking international law and there is zero coherent strategy. Why not pass the buck?!

They won't do that willingly but they'll see the hash that Biden is making of things and reckon Labour will be very similar. They both need to learn to be more ruthless than the right and realise that it's not about a nice little game, playing by the rules and crying foul when our opponents cheat...

I’d be astonished if Boris did anything other than hang on in the hope that something turns up. May showed the folly of going for a snap election even when the polls were in her favour. Boris’s ratings are down in the cellar.

Ha!

JKtT6Ys.png

The Sun has got his hat on, and now been shown the door. . .

(I'm sure it goes something like that.)

John

He’s being a dick about PR too (Twitter). Given it is exceptionally unlikely that Labour can win a majority next GE I’m hoping the other progressive parties are putting electoral reform as priority #1 before doing any deal at all with Labour. I suspect the LDs are doing just that, I’ve seen comments suggesting implementing PR (i.e. not a referendum) is their price for anything. I hope Labour’s trade union financiers take exactly the same line. Basically defund them and refuse to deal with the party if they continue to block democratic reform.

^^^
That is quite balanced for the house journal of the Labour right. Surprised they're writing about it at all, to be honest. Usually, The Guardian just ignores stuff that doesn't fit the narrative (e.g. the "leaked report" - enough scandalous material for weeks of screeching headlines, dicretely buried after just a day or two of artfully slanted coverage).

The fact Starmer warmly accepted a UKIP-grade Tory gammon ‘red wall’ defector proves he has no discernible standards to my mind. Labour’s selection process clearly has zero to do with democracy and I’m sure will lose them some seats.

PS I’m obviously still hoping Labour fall very far from a GE majority and the other progressives can really hold their feet to the fire on systemic democratic reform. By saying that I suspect Starmer is actually more likely to form a coalition with the Tories and DUP than the LDs, Greens, SNP and PC!

This illustrates another behaviour- lazy arsed ‘journalism’- note how the Murdoch goon is pressing for an immediate response because he needs something fast. Print deadline?…probably hasn’t turned any work in that day and now he’s under pressure to show he’s actually been at work. They do exactly the same with freedom of information requests often with the same demand that it has to be turned around very quickly.
You could see the same offenders firing in multiple requests on everything and anything on a weekly basis - essentially getting other bodies like hard pressed public services to do their work for them. The rest of the time they simply internet scrape social media channels to copy and paste straight into articles. Google street view- also a boon.

^ Yes, internet scraping, copying and pasting really is for low-life, I agree.

Starmer is really getting through. The trouble is, and people will sigh once again, there is no other realistic alternative.

A huge opportunity was lost when people bought the nonsense about Corbyn. Yes, he wasn’t great either but the manifesto was excellent and way better than what we are seeing played out today.

advertisement

Back