advertisement

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer V

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it you think I’m accusing people of? I mean, do I mention ‘we’ a lot when I ask someone a question? Just an example there of something the group does that I don’t believe I do a lot. I don’t feel any need to be in a gang.

I can answer your peculiar point but I really don’t think you’re interested, you’ve made up your mind so it’s pointless.

While Boris watched press-ups at Police Academy, Scotland, the area manager and his branch manager from Curry’s, Glasgow enjoyed a lunch time walk to the local Submarine Sandwich.

yLJRVEs.jpg

Last edited:
While Boris watched press-ups at Police Academy, Scotland, two branch managers from Curry’s, Glasgow enjoyed a lunch time walk to the local Submarine Sandwich.

yLJRVEs.jpg

It's at moments like this that it brings it home how totally screwed we are. I fear for who the next scapegoats will be.

Then convince me otherwise. That post about the EU made no sense to me.
I don’t need to convince you of anything but I will say this in response to your question and labelling.

It is called frustration and anger at the EU.

Frustration the EU refuses to negotiate despite I assume having the ability to see there is a problem. Frustration they refuse to compromise on anything.

Anger the EU has no respect for the outcome of a democratic referendum held in this country, has expended much energy since 2016 attempting to keep the UK under its control and does not accept N.Ireland is part of the UK.

As for me being nasty, vindictive and spiteful because I’m supposedly happy for millions of people in EU countries to suffer. Your inference is wildly incorrect yet you’ve put some pretty nasty labels on me there. I do not for one moment believe millions will suffer in Europe should the EU collapse, that is most certainly not in my mind when I made that comment, interesting it is in yours though. There is no doubt whatsoever, should the EU collapse all of those countries will negotiate and agree workable trade deals and cooperation.

There was also something you said about me joining with brexiters in that wish for collapse of the EU. Perhaps you can show the evidence that over 17m people in the UK want the EU to collapse? That’s my own inference from your post. My understanding is ‘brexiters’ voted for the UK to leave the EU, I haven’t seen much clamour at all for wishing collapse of the EU. The EU certainly needs major reform to become properly democratic.

My lack of adoration of the EU may not make any sense to you and that’s fine. I have a different opinion than you do, yet I do not make a personal judgement of you based on my inference of what you write here nor on that difference of opinion.

What is your position on millions possibly suffering in the UK due to the EU refusal to compromise on anything? What is your position on the ‘big’ EU working to get the ‘small’ UK to agree to a remain deal disguised as a leave deal, despite the democratic referendum result here?

Note: Despite other inferences, I already agree the tories are bad, that they agreed a deal and that we voted to leave.

I sincerely hope there is someone on the horizon. It is a massive worry, just doesn’t seem to be anyone inspiring within the Labour Party.

Starmer and Boris double booked their pointless Scotland visits for the same day. Both scuttled around with their respective branch manager in order to big them up in their positions of irrelevance. Only 6 Tory and 1 Labour seat left to go in the whole of Scotland before political oblivion.

Frustration the EU refuses to negotiate despite I assume having the ability to see there is a problem. Frustration they refuse to compromise on anything.

Perhaps some other examples of international negotiations, where the stronger partner 'compromises' themselves to appease a weaker partner who has, without a shred of self awareness, made a hubristic decision with unrealistic expectations - that would help us understand why the EU is being unreasonable. You can only shudder at the thought of what Brexiteers would try to extract from negotiations if they did actually hold the position they sold their public.

Anger the EU has no respect for the outcome of a democratic referendum held in this country, has expended much energy since 2016 attempting to keep the UK under its control and does not accept N.Ireland is part of the UK.

Please explain. How has the EU shown no respect for the outcome of a UK vote? The process (ironically mainly written by the UK) has been followed, some idiot here triggered A50 before anything was agreed and the outcomes are those that were widely predicted and dismissed as 'fearmongering'.

It's a lovely position to think that our problems in the EU were the EU's fault and now we are out and have no say or influence, the problems in the UK are still the EU's fault. Pity it's not reflected in reality.

Speaking as a floating centrist, I always thought Andy Burnham seemed like a decent bloke with, I imagine, a broad appeal. Where does he figure in the true believer's firmament these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back