Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer V

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Seanm, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

A statement which completely contradicts the consensus amongst mainstream economists really does need a bit more to back it up. I think you’ll struggle to find anyone seriously arguing that “things could get tricky” for the UK gvt because of the way markets rate risk.

ks.234 likes this.
  2. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Absolutely, the debt or the deficit can be funded by means other than austerity, clamping down on tax avoidance for one thing, but as the Tories personally benefit by such vast amounts from tax avoidance, that is unlikely.

Another option would be to stop the Tories funnelling vast amounts of public money into their own back pockets and those of their mates.

The last point is the most important which is why I see the focus on debt/deficit repayments as smoke and mirrors to deflect public attention from the real problem in our economy. The real problem is not servicing our debt, it’s the thieving, lying, duplicitous, Tory Basatrds

Graham B and Sue Pertwee-Tyr like this.
  3. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

“It is rare for government borrowing to cause inflation”
    https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/1504/economics/problems-of-government-borrowing-2/

4. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

Jealousy?

5. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

The spectre of burdening future generations with debts is the emotive nonsense used to justify austerity and other measures

6. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Brian, you took imagined offence at being described as belonging to a demographic. Demographic isn’t a pejorative term and I illustrated that by choosing an example where you and I can be considered to be of the same demographic- those who used to vote Labour. Former Labour voters is my demographic and for me to take offence would be a bit odd.

ks.234 likes this.
  7. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

Jealous? Nah. I find it amusing how the same members regularly ‘like’ posts when one of their gang has a snipe at another member. It is so predictable.

It’s an interesting behaviour and I like to highlight those doing it. Also interesting is your post, which is designed solely to provoke. No doubt this is a behaviour you despise in others.

Not offended at all, imagined or otherwise, it’s a forum. You’ll have to really go some to offend me, it’s why I don’t report posts. It’s about pointing out the tone of your posts is attempting to offend while not breaking the AUP.

How do you explain your use of ‘your tribe’, by the way? There was a pfm pile-on the other day over the use of the word ‘mate’ being deemed by some as ‘passive aggressive’. Someone called me ‘mate’ at work only yesterday, not offensive or aggressive at all.

8. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

Oh, no. I'm a big fan of the wind-up.

MikeMA, Graham B and Barrymagrec like this.
  9. TheDecameron

Brian, ISTM that while you talk about the political views etc of others and the way their posts land with you, you have precious little insight into the effect you have on other people. It always comes back to this repeating pattern.

You selectively abstract parts from other folk’s replies to you and ascribe special meaning to them- the theme is usually the same- that you are being persecuted/ ganged up on. Similarly you police ‘likes’ as a sign you are being persecuted by an invisible group, ‘the gang’. Had you ever paused to consider the common feature in all of this ( given that the individuals and the topic under discussion changes)? Had you actually considered your role in this?
    Yet again, the thread gets derailed or diverted into your favourite siding- the one with a big sign on it saying “Brian”. It’s very time consuming and highly repetitive.

Nick_G, ks.234 and Sue Pertwee-Tyr like this.
  10. PsB

PsB Citizen of Nowhere™

Very clearly, do you mean as clearly as the Vote Leave people did back in 2016?
    "No pain, no gain"

SteveS1 likes this.
  11. Brian

Funnier and funnier coming from the bloke who vets almost every new member who dares venture into one of your threads.

Is this the best you can do?

12. TheDecameron

Do you not want to answer any of the points made?

13. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Is this a competition?

14. TheDecameron

What ever it is it’s not about Keir Starmer or even about politics for that matter.

ks.234 likes this.
  15. Brian

Commonly known as trolling.

16. Brian

Crack on then. Make an on topic post.

17. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

If you want an example of an 'interesting post', I'll refer you to one of your own:
    You are saying there that you agree with the Brexiters who want the EU to collapse because of the perceived 'punishments' the EU have meted out to the UK. As I pointed out in a now deleted thread, this is nasty, vindictive, spiteful, shows no regard for the millions of EU citizens who would be badly affected by the collapse of the EU, and lastly, has a nasty whiff of English exceptionalism.

I hope this isn't a commonly-held position amongst people who identify themselves as left wing, otherwise we are screwed.

18. TheDecameron

Your time’s up Brian.

19. Brian

I’m afraid I can’t give a proper response to whatever is your point as my time is up.

20. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

FIFY.

So you're saying that you can't see that you do what you accuse others of doing, even after it's pointed out to you? Is that right?

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.