advertisement

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on: if Labour can’t deal with George Galloway then that’s their problem, frankly. And Jo Cox’s Sister (TM) doesn’t have an automatic right to a seat in parliament, they’re not transferable.
Oh come on Sean, surely you can see that the Labour Party losing votes to George Pussy Cat Galloway is all part of Labour’s magnificent plan to, er, get more votes.

Come on: if Labour can’t deal with George Galloway then that’s their problem, frankly. And Jo Cox’s Sister (TM) doesn’t have an automatic right to a seat in parliament, they’re not transferable.

No one should be expected to deal with George Galloway. Again, read his Wikipedia page! Labour should clearly have absolutely nothing to do with him. Absolutely toxic in every way.

PS I obviously agree seats aren’t transferrable, but the good will that would accompany Kim Leadbeater might actually have bucked Labour’s current ever downwards trend, even if it was just a blip. They might actually have had a hope in hell. It would certainly do more good than a pathetic vanity campaign from a vacuous ex-Press TV, RT presenter and friend of Hussain, Assad and Hamas. Labour really needs to distance themselves from this sort of dickheadery. Galloway has all the credibility of Douglas Murray or Katie Hopkins, he’s just another popularist gobshite for hire, a direct equivalent. A dream for Johnson as his presence will remove any risk of another humiliating by-election defeat for the Tories. That has to be worth a peerage!

No one should be expected to deal with George Galloway. Again, read his Wikipedia page! Labour should clearly have absolutely nothing to do with him. Absolutely toxic in every way.

PS I obviously agree seats aren’t transferrable, but the good will that would accompany Kim Leadbeater might actually have bucked Labour’s current ever downwards trend, even if it was just a blip. They might actually have had a hope in hell. It would certainly do more good than a pathetic vanity campaign from a vacuous ex-Press TV, RT presenter and friend of Hussain, Assad and Hamas. Labour really needs to distance themselves from this sort of dickheadery. Galloway has all the credibility of Douglas Murray or Katie Hopkins, he’s just another popularist gobshite for hire, a direct equivalent. A dream for Johnson as his presence will remove any risk of another humiliating by-election defeat for the Tories. That has to be worth a peerage!
Yes, that’s the point: Galloway shouldn’t be a threat and it’s 100% Labour’s fault that he is.

I’m afraid I have to agree with you. He is an appalling communicator, I turn off within a minute of him starting to speak.

He’s the left-wing equivalent of Marc Francois/Andrew Brigden. I’m sure he means well, but he shouldn’t be allowed within a mile of a TV camera IMHO.

It’s irrelevant, really. There’s a dearth of leadership talent, that’s for sure: but the problem is ultimately the group of undead Blairites in charge. The primary task of any leader serious about winning would be to seal these ghouls back in their crypt and face down the resulting howls from their friends in the media. Corbyn’s fate suggests this isn’t actually do-able.

So the party’s __ed, as far as I can see: either they accept the leadership of people who cannot lead or those same people will go back to their suicide-bombing campaign, with the enthusiastic support of the media.

The Labour Party is preparing the press for defeat in Batley and Spen by insinuating that it’s all down to Muslims being antisemitic.

https://twitter.com/steamedhamms/status/1406540031041409028?s=21

“Labour are just as bad as the Tories” is an old saw but there is some truth in it, that requires a bit of nuance: the faction currently in charge, and which will set fire to the party if it is not in charge, are amongst the worst people in politics - at least as bad as 90% of Tories, no better than UKIP.

Ok, go with that option then. I actually quite like John McDonnell, he has a bit of spark. Not sure I agree completely with his politics & he has a tendency to go a bit bat shit but if keeps the left happy then at least it will be less tiresome.

I asked months ago who could lead Labour, got quite a bit of abuse in reply. LOL.

The idea is to criticise Labour into oblivion then blame everybody else for the tories walking the next election. Despite calling for Labour to split they have no idea who could form a left wing Labour party from the current crop let alone who could lead it.

It’s not the leadership, it’s the vacuous nature of the advisors coming up with policy and the cumbersome nature of the party, with policy ultimately being decided by conference. I’ve said before I think Keir is being sent out to bat holding a contra-bassoon rather than a cricket bat.

If I was just listening to Starmer afresh I would find it difficult to tell his politics, he is a conviction free zone. I long for the days of kinnock, and miss a true liberal voice.
I really hate fact the Gang of Four destroyed liberal politics rather than trying to compete with the Labour left, a lack of convictions and urge for power drove the vacuous four intellectual lightweights.

The first step for Labour to address it’s problems is to recognise that the Leader, whoever it is, is not the problem.

It won’t matter who is the notional leader until the rotten core that, to steal a neat phrase from upthread, will set fire to the party if they’re not in charge, is expunged.

The problem for the Labour Party is not the Leader, it is the fact that the rotten core, as devoid of idea, principle or integrity as it is, is unlikely to be expunged

^
So the Labour party splits and a new party is formed to escape the rotten core. Who from the current Labour MPs should form that new party and who should lead it?

^
So the Labour party splits and a new party is formed to escape the rotten core. Who from the current Labour MPs should form that new party and who should lead it?
I said that’s it doesn’t matter who the leader is and I didn’t posit a split in the Labour Party so your question is irrelevant to my post.

I have zero interest in personality, I’m only interested in policy. Come the next election I will vote for whoever most closely articulates my politics. At the moment that looks more likely to be the Greens

If I was just listening to Starmer afresh I would find it difficult to tell his politics, he is a conviction free zone. I long for the days of kinnock, and miss a true liberal voice.
I really hate fact the Gang of Four destroyed liberal politics rather than trying to compete with the Labour left, a lack of convictions and urge for power drove the vacuous four intellectual lightweights.

Erm... Kinnock was a failure - he failed in 87 and 92 - the latter defeat consigning the country to another 5 years of Tory rule when the electorate had no appetite for them but still couldn’t bring themselves to vote for Kinnock. McDonnell reminds me of Kinnock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back