advertisement

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer III

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the comments below prove with video evidence Labour were supporting schools staying open only this morning. Just useless. Contrast and compare to The Greens.

As the comments below prove with video evidence Labour were supporting schools staying open only this morning. Just useless. Contrast and compare to The Greens.
Yes, the Labour Party has been staggeringly bad today:

Morning: Shadow Education Secretary Kate Green says schools need to stay open

Early Afternoon: The language shifts to "schools will inevitably close" without Labour actually calling for them to close.

Mid-Afternoon: BorisJohnson briefs Robert Peston that he will be asking all schools to close.

One Hour Later: Starmer says all schools must close.

Truly pathetic from Starmer and he makes his own shadow minister look like an idiot in the process.

... and now he says they’re not.

The ERG must have changed their minds.

Stephen
I think what gets me is the lack of scrutiny from interviewers. Do they think that that schools run without adults? Or that teachers have immunity from Covid? Do these really obvious questions not occur to them? Or have they been co-opted into compliance with our one party state to a degree that would shock even the hardest of hard left political purists

Mr Forensic sounded very dithery on Today just now. He spluttered and stumbled as he desperately tried to turn any question around to his stock answer about supporting the government, all in this together and shoulder to the wheel.

Total lack of opposition.

Is Dominic Cummings now running the Labour Party?

Starmer really does seem to have had a charisma bypass and taken lessons from steve "INTERESTING "
davis and about as forensic as a blunt sword .
If he is not careful he will be Mr nobody very quickly !

It has been cowering in the HoC afraid of the Tories, the press, and its own voters for well over a decade.

I don't think you can say that was true under Corbyn and you didn't like them then, either. ;)

They had other faults but being nodding dogs to the Conservatives wasn't one of them.

I don't think you can say that was true under Corbyn and you didn't like them then, either. ;)

They had other faults but being nodding dogs to the Conservatives wasn't one of them.
Yep, and the whole country lost it's f---ing mind, with the entire media-politics world joining forces to make sure nothing changed. Tony's right, it's Stockholm syndrome: we've had to set fire to the country to keep the Tories in power. But yeah, he's less clear on how it affected moderates.

Corbyn was the biggest coward of the lot. He didn’t even move from his fence of ambiguity when his own MPs were sharing platforms with racist groups like UKIP and burping-up tired old 1970s National Front rhetoric. As ever ‘what would Gillian Duffy & The Daily Express think?’ was the only barometer and explains the party’s total lack of scrutiny or opposition to the Trumpian popularist-right ideology sweeping the Tory party, tabloid media and the country. The man basically hid as EDL fascists marched up the high streets across the land shouting slogans many of his MPs supported. The only thing I’m unclear on is how much of this is down to shit leadership or shit internal structure and processes, or both, but the result is clear either way; a party that has been entirely unfit for the purpose of opposition to the political right for most of my adult life. They really are useless.

Corbyn was the biggest coward of the lot. He didn’t even move from his fence of ambiguity when his own MPs were sharing platforms with racist groups like UKIP and burping-up tired old 1970s National Front rhetoric. As ever ‘what would Gillian Duffy & The Daily Express think?’ was the only barometer and explains the party’s total lack of scrutiny or opposition to the Trumpian popularist-right ideology sweeping the Tory party, tabloid media and the country. The man basically hid as EDL fascists marched up the high streets across the land shouting slogans many of his MPs supported. The only thing I’m unclear on is how much of this is down to shit leadership or shit internal structure and processes, or both, but the result is clear either way; a party that has been entirely unfit for the purpose of opposition to the political right for most of my adult life. They really are useless.

Yeah, we know, but that's about internal issues, not about kowtowing to the Tories, which was your gripe at #2409 and which, with all respect, is bunk.

But yeah, he's less clear on how it affected moderates.

If you are defining anti-fascist/anti-extremist and generally liberal folk like me as a “moderate” then it has driven us away from the party and we certainly won’t be returning anytime soon. If you are describing gammon like John Mann, Ian Austin, Caroline Flint etc with that term then that is your party’s problem, certainly not mine as I’d never vote for any of them!

If you are defining anti-fascist/anti-extremist and generally liberal folk like me as a “moderate” then it has driven us away from the party and we certainly won’t be returning anytime soon. If you are describing gammon like John Mann, Ian Austin, Caroline Flint etc with that term then that is your party’s problem, certainly not mine as I’d never vote for any of them!
I'm really talking about the whole self-styled centrist crowd who began the Corbyn era lecturing the left about pragmatism, elections being won from the centre, and having to be in power if you wanted to make a difference, and ended it claiming to see no difference between the Conservatives and Labour and voting for a hung parliament or whatever. Not sure if that describes you or not but it definitely describes most of the lib media and political establishment, and many of those who identify with it. In the end they couldn't bear to be parted from the Tory party despite the fact that they were clearly going to trash the country, because they found the possibility of change troubling, and Stockholm syndrome doesn't sound like a bad term for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back