advertisement

Labour at it again ..... anti-semitic just won't go away !

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydeLea

pfm Member
For goodness sake it took me a week or so to train my dog to fetch a ball !

So why can't Labour sort this out once and for all !

They had a perfect opportunity to adopt the universally accepted description offered up by the 'International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance's Working Definition' of anti-Semitism. but refused to do so. Instead Labour's code of conduct was drawn up earlier in July and followed allegations of anti-Semitism within party ranks.

However, Jewish leaders and some Labour MPs have been critical, pointing out the code does not include four working examples provided by the IHRA definition. They say the party should adopt these examples in complete form from the IHRA.

Complete bunch of losers !

Heidi Lea is at it again.....Heidi Lee just won't go away!

Put the four examples up, and lets see why they might be unacceptable.

It's ridiculously easy to criticise the Isreali state without being anti-Semitic. Unless one is anti-Semitic.

For goodness sake it took me a week or so to train my dog to fetch a ball !

So why can't Labour sort this out once and for all !

They had a perfect opportunity to adopt the universally accepted description offered up by the 'International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance's Working Definition' of anti-Semitism. but refused to do so. Instead Labour's code of conduct was drawn up earlier in July and followed allegations of anti-Semitism within party ranks.

However, Jewish leaders and some Labour MPs have been critical, pointing out the code does not include four working examples provided by the IHRA definition. They say the party should adopt these examples in complete form from the IHRA.

Complete bunch of losers !

I'll tell you why. It's because this whole thing is being orchestrated by the Israeli embassy.

I know two Labour MPs very well. They know for a fact that the Israel govt is behind this and the British state is more than happy about it as it undermines Corbyn.

Having Corbyn as MP frightens the establishment massively. People need to consider why.

There is still a problem with antisemitism in the Labour Party, it still isn't systemic, it's still being instrumentalised by the right, Labour are still making bad moves that allow it to be instrumentalised. The IHRA thing was actually an attempt to make progress (there is a genuine need to provide a framework for different voices here) but accusations of bad faith on all sides, some of them deserved, have made it another media spectacle and factional ****-show. It's tragic because especially given the rise of the far right there is a real need to straighten this out and it could actually be something that progressive voices from different traditions unite around.

In a media world where the owners of the major newspapers hide their wealth to avoid paying tax, besmirching the main opposition to their actions is a brutal, effective tactic.

It's kinda like Labour are being asked from all sides "when did you stop beating your wife" and instead of doing the right thing by just telling the accusers "we know your game now **** off" they are pathetically engaging themselves in self destructive defence of a "crime" that never happened.... Which is of course exactly what Labours enemies are trying to achieve!

What confuses and annoys me is that they seem completely unwilling to just destroy and diffuse the argument of their accusers by saying "yes we are anti Israel and pro Palestinian and proudly so. It's not a secret and never has been and if you are a supporter of an Israeli Trumpto(w)n then Labour is not the party for you"

Blimey it's like a Momentum branch meeting ....... calm down comrades and keep the red flag flying here !

I appeal to all commies and Marxists within Momentum to please keep up the good work and make Labour truly unelectable :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back