advertisement

La Monte Young Trio For Strings

Looks very interesting, but a bit pricey. I do wish La Monte Young and his estate could sort out a way to release what must be an absolutely fascinating and historically important back catalogue. I know several pieces have been available over the years, but I can’t even begin to imagine what must be in the archives.

Looks very interesting, but a bit pricey. I do wish La Monte Young and his estate could sort out a way to release what must be an absolutely fascinating and historically important back catalogue. I know several pieces have been available over the years, but I can’t even begin to imagine what must be in the archives.

There is so much there. Idk why he does it. Still kicking though and doing performances and teaching classes out of the same loft in Tribeca.

Charles Curtis leads the group for the La Monte recording and has released a lot of his own back catalogue recently: https://charlescurtis.bandcamp.com/album/performances-recordings-1998-2018

Interesting release, but too expensive for me! I know a few pieces - The Well-Tuned Piano in particular, from a 1981 performance also organised by Dia - but would welcome his music being more easily accessible. I've just put on 'Composition 1960, number 7' from a 2015 concert by Ensemble in process to remind myself of that piece.

advertisement

Back