advertisement

kudos x2 or neat sx2

Yes very quick, my short list was Kudos X2, Neat SX2 or Totem Arro... i found a good deal for the Kudos (small, right color, good sound and cheaper than the other two).

Rick 82, I too would like to hear your observations as you spend time with the X2. It was on my shortlist at one time, but I ended up with the Kudos C10. Very good with the Naim XS gear.

Generally I’ve had better luck with standmounts in my medium-small room with a lively wooden floor. It took me awhile to figure it out, or be put right by a friendly retailer, but I learned to be cautious about columns with bottom-ported bass in my particular space. But the X2 is a neat little column, I’d expect it to work well in many situations.

Earlier in my quest, I had Totem Sttafs for a number of years, and always enjoyed their easy, natural musicality even if not quite the last word in resolution...Had the Arros for audition around that time; their imaging and sound staging was astonishing; the sweet spot seemed to follow you everywhere...

Enjoy your X2s, and please report back.

I have a pair of Neat SX2's using top notch exposure amps. 16 monos and 17/21 preamp. I have also used them with a super 18 amp. They seem to prefer quality amps in fact I found them rather lacklustre with a rega elicit (not R). They are nice sounding speakers providing they are not pushed too loud. They are very musical but can sound a bit bright and shut in compared to other speakers I have used in the past including several Royd speakers. Pair carefully

Ok X2 in the house...
Only 2 songs for Now but i can say that i like the way they sound. My temporary super quick setup to check that all is ok: iPhone, Chord mojo, exposure 3010, chord epic twin speakers cables and Kudos X2...
The exposure has a lot of power... 1/3 on the volume knob is enough.
Let me some Days and i’ll try to report more precise impressions.
For now i’m very happy.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back