advertisement

KUDOS SUPER 10's

Well that would depend on the layout of you house which i haven't a clue about. But the vents are there to allow airflow of the void, if the voids not there......then.

You'd obviously need to do the job right; it will make the house much more energy efficient too. You'd need 100-130mm insulation below it and a sand screen/PDC etc, but 2ft is way more than enough you could even look into ducting all you cables and stuff.

PS, I'm an architect and developer; if you need any advice please let me know via PM.

Love these Kudos, they are a class act. Do they have a forward lean detailed sound like Proac's or fuller warmer like Harbeths, perhaps they fall between the two?

All i can say is you must audition at home for yourself.

The one area that i thought was guaranteed to disappoint was the bass region after my beloved C20's which were superb in my room BUT the bass on the S10's is just sublime....very natural - just correct and make the 20's sound fat and slow by comparison.
All vocals are to die for........the soundstage is surprisingly big for a small speaker.
great clarity and timing.
As i said the only way to be sure is to home dem but i cant see you being disappointed if you are serious about listening to them.
A GREAT SPEAKER - FULL STOP !

They are very hard to find here in Oregon...

New Hampshire is a very long way to go for a demo... I did contact the distributer but had no reply, I'm afraid I find lack of response very discouraging, how long would it take to type a response? Even so I'd still like to hear them, they have a larger enclosure than I'm used to using.

Spectre,

I didnt expect you to go for a demo - meant for the dealer to send you a pair to home dem........thats the best/only way to hear them properly within your room.

Scotty

P.S. The S10's are a smallish standmount man

New Hampshire is a very long way to go for a demo... I did contact the distributer but had no reply, I'm afraid I find lack of response very discouraging, how long would it take to type a response? Even so I'd still like to hear them, they have a larger enclosure than I'm used to using.

Yep, I know Gavin. I'd like to hear them too. I'm not in the market for speakers but they are one brand that I have not heard that I have interest in.

Spectre,

I didnt expect you to go for a demo - meant for the dealer to send you a pair to home dem........thats the best/only way to hear them properly within your room.

Scotty

I know of no dealer who would send a pair out of state on demo unless you paid for them...and I know a lot of dealers. Never know though.

Spectre,

Scotty

I know they are not big, I was just thinking about the speakers I normally use (Tablette Anniversary, Usher S520, P3ESR) by these standards they seem like a medium sized standmount. There's a dealer in Texas that sells the standard C10, I may audition these on home approval and if I like them move onto the Super 10.

There's a pair of s/h Kudos C2s on sale shipped from Washington state. Gene Rubin Audio is selling these on Audiogon. Might be worth a call to the man...

Maver1ck,

What will you be running the X2's with ? by the way one of the best sounds that i heard in recent years was at Whittlebury a couple of years back which was x2's on the end of a pair of naim xs's.......beat a lot of heavy expensive opposition into a hat IMHO

Enjoy, Scotty

I've got these to pair them with my Nait XS.

having owned the kudos c30 I beleve my Harbeth is far more accurate tonally and emotionally. The kudos sound is 'very live' with great bass depth and drive but lacks the timbral qualities of the Harbeth super hl5 to fully exploit the emotional content of music.

Sorry to revive an old thread but i own a set of Super 10's and Broadsides .

When we set the stands up in my dealers store which has a wooden floor , we loaded sand and lead shot in the center chamber and just lead shot in the 4 outer posts and they sounded great beating the Kudos stands .

Took everything home and something was not quite right as i have carpet over concrete .

Anyhow , not knowing exactly what the issue was with my system , i borrowed the Kudos S50 stands to compare and wow what a difference as i was hearing what the speakers can do , improved bass and midrange .

I removed the sand and lead shot out of center chamber with no difference , then removed the lead shot from 4 outer chambers and still no improvement .

I then added the lead shot only to the center chamber and immediately heard a difference when A/B them with kudos .

Now both broadsides have about 10 lbs of lead shot and i can say sound better than the Kudos stands .

advertisement

Back