advertisement

Kudos Audio

Darkagesound

pfm Member
I notice that Kudos no longer produce their intro level speakers, the X2 and X3 - they have been relegated to Product Archive. That seems a shame (I've been a happy owner of a pair of X2 speakers for the past 10 years), but I guess reflects the difficulty of making money for a small company from a relatively inexpensive speaker.

I had a pair of X2s and thought them nicely made and a really good speaker of their type; but they did cost substantially more than others which looked superficially similar, or came in bigger enclosures. They were probably hard to sell to people who bought as much on appearance as on sound... which might be the majority of potential customers in that market segment?

Still, for anybody after a small, easily accommodated floorstander, they are an obvious bargain secondhand.

A well known retailer in Carlisle is offering new x2s at around half price - presumably excess stock from Kudos?

I’m told they were no longer able to get the cabinets made at a reasonable price, and couldn’t justify the price increase they would have had to pass on. Pity, they are great speakers.

Yes, the small Kudos speakers were a bargain. However, one can look to Fyne audio as their smaller speakers offer excellent value for money.

I’m told they were no longer able to get the cabinets made at a reasonable price, and couldn’t justify the price increase they would have had to pass on. Pity, they are great speakers.
I wonder if this might become a problem? A lot of speaker cabinets are fabricated in Eastern Europe, Poland’s often cited IIRC, and unit costs are only going to go up now.

I would have thought Neat Audio, with their Motive range, will be the main beneficiaries of the absence of the X2/X3 from the market. I wonder where they get their cabinets made?

advertisement

Back