advertisement

Kudos and Exposure Collaborate on Active Crossover

sunbeamgls

pfm Member
Exposure are working with Kudos to add to the range of options to take Kudos speakers active.

So, in addition to Linn Exakt and Devialet options, an Exposure active crossover can be used with any mix of pre-amp and power amps.

Including, of course, Naim amps. But then, would you want to buy more power amps from the company that dabbled with the SNAXO for 2 years and then pulled out of the project?

https://www.stereonet.co.uk/news/exposure-launch-xm-cd-player-and-preview-vxn-crossover

Yep, get that. I do like the idea of power amps made for specific drivers, plenty of options further back towards the source for tinkerings
Even better, an active crossover specifically designed to the electrical and phase characteristics of each drive unit.

I can't help think that if you want active then ATC is probably the way forward
I’ve heard ATCs a few times and I have been impressed at their accuracy, if I were mixing a record, they’d be high on the list for monitoring. However I’ve always found Linn active systems hugely entertaining, they just keep you listening. I also like both Exposure gear and Kudos speakers and I fully expect an active system made by them to be similarly engaging.

Back a few decades, Exposure cooperated with Ruark, with excellent results, so there is a pedigree here.

The active Exposure/Talisman system, fronted by an LP12, was the highlight of the 1990 Heathrow Show, for me.

I’ve heard ATCs a few times and I have been impressed at their accuracy, if I were mixing a record, they’d be high on the list for monitoring. However I’ve always found Linn active systems hugely entertaining, they just keep you listening. I also like both Exposure gear and Kudos speakers and I fully expect an active system made by them to be similarly engaging.

I think this is going to be on offer at Bristol.

I think this is going to be on offer at Bristol.
I’d like to get there if I can but I have a really hectic schedule at the moment and will have for a while yet. My local dealer carries both Exposure and Kudos. It’s definitely very interesting and is a real alternative to Linn’s current lineup. If I wanted to change my speakers and stay active with (new) linn now, I’d have to change everything apart from my power amps too. I could just buy an Exposure crossover and Kudos speakers and I’d be in business, I have plenty of power amps and a preamp already.

Kudos have also worked with Linn in a similar vein.
Yes I believe they have, for some eq, and crossover profiles for their Exaktboxes... still need an Exakt DSM and an Exaktbox for that though. I just have more options for future upgrades now, whilst staying active.

only heard kudos at shows and thought they lacked , base units wobbled like mad too ,,bass, and the two speakers did not even wobbled together and this was when the music was quite low,,sub sonic i guess , after a demo would not touch them ,

only heard kudos at shows and thought they lacked , base units wobbled like mad too ,,bass, and the two speakers did not even wobbled together and this was when the music was quite low,,sub sonic i guess , after a demo would not touch them ,

^ are you suggesting sub-sonics is a speaker problem? Reads far more like a source problem.

My experience of Kudos demos is exactly the opposite, they are without doubt the best sounding systems I have heard in a hotel room.

you like what you like, but i honestly don't know what all the fuss is about average at best IMHO,
i'm not a big fan of drive units bouncing about all over the place, to me it seems like a lack of control

I have no idea what you mean about bouncing drive units etc, I just listened to the music, and it sounded good. Perhaps we were at different demos.

advertisement

Back