advertisement

KT Tunstall

I saw KT on Jools Holland and thought she was gorgeous...oo -err, and her music was good too!

A purchase of her album is not beyond the bounds of possibility.

And she's much better than James ****ing Blunt any day of the week!

prowla,

humbug.

JonR, I'll bring the Cd with me if you are not sure re the purchase, but after all it will only cost u £8.00.

I went to see KT Tunstall in Manchester a couple of months ago. She was absolutely brilliant. Great presence on stage, musically excellent and played a variety of instruments very well. (Although not quite as good as last months Ben Folds concert which definitely gets my live performance of the year award.)

Simon F

Andrew C! said:
JonR, I'll bring the Cd with me if you are not sure re the purchase, but after all it will only cost u £8.00.

Thanks Andy, good idea.

Mind you, knowing the system I have, I think I can stretch to £8 for a CD!

Miller-8

I saw her on the Mercury thing on the telly and liked what she did and so bought the album. Some times you just take a punt on first impressions without your views being colured by hype/reviews etc. I like it, there are at least three really good tracks on it, and she can obviously cut it live.

Regards

Nic

Yep, she's great live. I found the album really grows on you, at first there's about 3 songs that stand out, but over time you start to appreciate the slower ones too.

I think her next album will be quality, she didnt have her own band when the first album was recorded, she'll have far more freedom with the next one.

Andrew C! said:
prowla,

humbug.
Well - that's the finest invite I've had to join a thread that I haven't contributed to! :)
Anyway, since I'm here, I don't really think that much of her. I think she would be good live, based on Later. I think the drummer is pretty good, but he looks a right dork.

prowla said:
Well - that's the finest invite I've had to join a thread that I haven't contributed to! :)
Anyway, since I'm here, I don't really think that much of her. I think she would be good live, based on Later. I think the drummer is pretty good, but he looks a right dork.

She's shagging the drummer apparently. He used to be in another band, I cant remember which one...

Well I've just bought the album and I quite like it.
Living in Canada, I've been spared the over-marketing.

Is it me or is the album delightfully Beatles-influenced?

A lot like 1964-66 Beatles, IMO.
Basically I can imagine Lennon/Mcartney singing this album.
It's a good thing.

(too much praise?)

Despite the suggested hype over here i think this is a good CD - we have flogged it, especially in the car.

Hi
Her stuff is definately not for me, I find it irritating especially after being hammered out of every speaker you passed a couple of months or so back.
Regards
Jim

I listen mainly to radio 2 in the day (best compromise for my staff) KT, Jose etc all are played non stop and to be perfectly frank is the sad face of Radio 2 music, its rubbish.

Ever seen Jose Gonzalez live? (I presume "Jose" is referring to him)

I thought not.

I'm with you Garyi. All these female singers supposed to be the dogs wotsits and all the racks sound pretty much the same ie bland. Add Dido to your list too. Exception from this rule was Alanis Morrisette .

Haven't heard much Corinne b Rae but I wonder if she'll be the same once we're bored silly of the airplay. Not quite a female but James Blunt fits into your bland category too...zzzzzzzzzzzzz

advertisement

Back