advertisement

Kraftwerk 'minimum-maximum'

Originally posted by sideshowbob
My (English) version has quite a few verses sung in German. Since it's a live record, if there is a completely German language version it must comprise different performances from the English version. Which would obviously be a compelling reason for buying both. Carl, let us know what you find out.-- Ian
Just ordered both the D and UK version so within a week or so we should know. If the difference doesn't justify keeping both I guess one of them will be up for sale pretty soon.

Carl

Since it's a live record, if there is a completely German language version it must comprise different performances from the English version. Which would obviously be a compelling reason for buying both. Carl, let us know what you find out.

Off the top of my head, six of the tracks are different performances on the German language versions.

It's finally arrived from Amazon, no-one else would deliver it to work. Only took two weeks to arrive. Want to go home now:mad:

Morning guys. Got this in Selectadisc yesterday - the 4 LP vinyl version. No warping problems - just decent heavyweight, clean pressings from what I can see.

The sound quality is really quite excellent - clear as a bell with some really subterranean bass in parts. That said, on initial listen I was little disappointed - certainly some of the tracks which are faves of mine (Radioactivity, Autobahn, Neon Lights for example) seem to have lost a lot of the subtlety in the perfomance compared to the album versions - maybe its just me.

Is the CD copy protected? I've just received the CD from 101cd.com and it's bluumin' well copy protected!!! Do I send it back on the grounds that it's NOT a CD?...!

Mine isn't copy protected. I got it from Amazon.co.uk.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Second copy arrived today. Identical pressing fault in identical place on side 1. It's going back, and I've given up & asked for refund.

To be quite honest, the bits I heard sounded more like a "hifi demonstration disc" than worthwhile music, and it's no great loss.

if it helps, the german pressing i received doesn't seem to have the warping theat the uk pressing had....

so far i actually think i prefer the german pressing.

Bub

Identical pressing fault in identical place on side 1.

I doubt if it is a pressing fault.

So far, no-one else has noted the same problem, and they are all from the same mastering (and probably same pressing run).

Therefore to say that your problem is exclusively due to a identical pressing fault on two seperate samples where many other samples have found to be OK is possible but not probable.

FWIW The first track features high level, very low bass, that may well have the effect of ejecting your cartridge from the groove. Either way, it does suggest something way well be 'up' with the record player on this particular record.

Not really a problem if the music isn't really your bag though and the other records are OK.

Hi Martin,

Yes there's a lot of very very deep bass on the first track. I checked tracking force, bias and level of the deck, all OK. No other record I possess does this.

As you say, it's academic as I can live without this music.

advertisement

Back