advertisement

Kraftwerk 'minimum-maximum'

I am thick, and can't find the vinyl anywhere on Amazon. Could someone post a link, please?

Also, is it 33, or 45 RPM?

HMV Web site £24.99 Instore today £36.99

Sister Ray Web site £32.99 Instore £29.99

Selectadisc Instore £29.99

Rough Trade £29.99

I got mine in Selectadisc, with a load of other stuff.

Just about to check the flatinity of the Disc 1, as you lot have got me curious!

DS

Mmm .... a slight problem. Track one makes my stylus leap out of the groove & skate about. Anyone else have similar difficulties?

Has anyone found this on vinyl in the US? I went to Insound (linked from
Pitchfork) and it's not there.

TIA

Dan

Oh dear. It'll have to go back. What a pain in the whatsits.

Anything that hoofs the arm across the record will be visible, i.e. a warp / scratch / bit of crud etc. If you have a RCM give it a good wet scrub.

Tony.

Hi Tony,

Thanks, there's nothing visible, and I've washed it twice now using the Moth. I even checked tracking weight on the Troika, level of the deck, etc..

I really don't understand it, unless the grooves are too shallow?

Hi Dan,

I think I read somewhere that it is to be released on June 28th in the states. List price is $49.95, I believe.

Stan

Originally posted by Blzebub
[B
I really don't understand it, unless the grooves are too shallow? [/B]
I don;t know about this, but will have a check when I get home this evening. Disc 1 in my set is the disc that is slightly warped. Could it be some kind of warp?
Real PITA whatever it is.

Just got my double CD of this - rather brill me thinks, especially the version of Aero Dynamik, which I liked off their last CD.

andy c!

Got the CD and agree with all positive sentiments. The 'Numbers' version is brutal!

Went on the web on vinyl-hunt. My web record shop displays two versions of Minimum - Maximum, a UK one and a German dito. A phone call to the man gave " the German includes one additional song and I think some songs are sung in German" as an explanation. He did not sound to certain though and did not have them in stock - they're on order only. The German is about $ 20 US more expensive.

Can someone shed some light on this please? (before I give in on the vinyl nerdiness and order the German)

Carl

Originally posted by Carl Nyqvist
Can someone shed some light on this please? (before I give in on the vinyl nerdiness and order the German)
I was also told about there being an E and a G version.
The vinyl version I have has a number of songs sung in German, mind you it was the only copy in the only shop I've been into so far which had it on vinyl..
Carl, give in to your inner nerd. You know you want it in German :D

My (English) version has quite a few verses sung in German. Since it's a live record, if there is a completely German language version it must comprise different performances from the English version. Which would obviously be a compelling reason for buying both. Carl, let us know what you find out.

-- Ian

Am I the only person who thinks that the opening to Tour De France (cd1, track 7) sounds like the opening to 'Push It' by Salt n Pepa?

advertisement

Back