Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Klotz MC5000 vs AC110 (vs Mogami Neglex 2549)

Discussion in 'audio' started by gerlando, Oct 18, 2020.

1. gerlando

gerlando pfm Member

Klotz MC5000 and AC110.

Are there any differences between them or are they practically the same?

How do they relate to the Mogami Neglex 2549?

Thank you.
    Mauro

2. Fulci

Fulci pfm Member

Hardly noticed any difference between AC110 and MC5000 both in 3 m extension chords. Neglex 2549 is a bit cleaner and more neutral but I didn’t use the same plugs. AC 110 is a bit warmer and more bassy. The difference is minimal though, not really worth spending much time worrying about it. Just get the one that’s more easily available. I’d be perfectably happy with the AC110 if I didn’t try the other two.

gerlando likes this.
  3. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

I have AC110 and MC5000 cables between 0.5M and 3.0M, use Neutrik plugs throughout. Cannot tell any difference, the MC5000 seems more in favour so if you can have either I’d go with it. The Neutrik ProFi plugs are very nice.

Not tried the Mogami, I do have some Sommer and Van Damme, I use Lo Cap Van Damme for my TT leads.

4. gerlando

gerlando pfm Member

I have a pair of Klotz AC110 (with Rean plugs) and a pair of Mogami 2549, but I can hardly notice any difference.

Maybe my ears are getting too old....

5. CageyH

CageyH Active Member

Or there is not much difference to hear?

gerlando likes this.
  6. gerlando

gerlando pfm Member

:D:D:D:D:D

7. Salamander

Salamander pfm Member

Really don't suppose there is much difference in any of the cables you list. I own a set of Morgami which I keep as a spare but it bettered many more expensive ones.