advertisement

KLF streaming!

Joe Hutch

Mate of the bloke
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55507226

'After years of silence, The KLF have uploaded a selection of their most famous songs to streaming services like Spotify, YouTube and Apple Music.

The band's music has been officially unavailable since 1992, when they deleted their entire back catalogue.

But eight songs, including dance anthems like 3AM Eternal and What Time Is Love, are now available on an eight-track compilation, Solid State Logik.

Fly posters in London suggested The KLF would release more music this year.'

Just heard this on the radio, it also mentioned them famously burning £1m.

(It prompted me to Wiki them, the founders are 67 and 64, where does the time go!).

^^^^my banned mucker is trying to promote L-13 in his neck of the woods.

looking forward when nearer to me, a future bekonscot in the making

KLF, not bad music, but more hype than substance, dribbling music out , what for more money :eek::eek::eek:, so tiresome, did they really burn a £MILL, bet they hadn't now ,, more press, more press, please, :rolleyes: me sceptical, shocking,

I’m sure I remember them also giving 50 journalists £20k each to nail to a piece of wood outside the Tate Modern(?) as some kind of protest against the Turner Prize. They were quite upset to find a good deal of the cash had been trousered rather than nailed, which only goes to show that although you may be one hell of an arch-conceptualist, it doesn’t mean you understand human nature.

I didn’t hear the journalist thing, but the whole K Foundation Turner Prize thing was certainly real. Rachel Whiteread won both the 1993 Turner Prize (£20k) and the K Foundation Art Award for the worst artist of the year (£40k). I’m predictably a fan, I’ve met Drummond a couple of times and I’m signed up for Mumufication when I die.

29424857947_9efcdd9bbf_b.jpg

Here is my brick!

I didn’t hear the journalist thing...
There was a long article in Q at the time - I remember the picture of then editor Danny Kelly joyfully riffling his £20k wad (just possibly amongst the cash that went missing..?) IIRC it was just before the burning stunt - possibly the same £1m was supposed to be involved both times.

I’ve just listened to SSL1 (did they use an SSL desk?) and enjoyed it immensely. However, it seemed a lot less joyful and a lot more knowing and cynical than it did at the time. I can see now KLF was always the latter, and my it’s my past naivety that has gone.

And the performance linked by Tony above is one of the greatest moments in pop music.

Oh, and I never spotted the Sweet sample at the end of Doctoring the Tardis before!

I found them very tiresome & the hype around them rather naff. Oh & their music is terrible to my ears.

They must be running low on readies.

For anyone who hasn't read it I recommend Bill Drummond's book '45'.

I'm hoping he'll write a follow up when he gets to 78.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I’ve just listened to SSL1 (did they use an SSL desk?) and enjoyed it immensely. However, it seemed a lot less joyful and a lot more knowing and cynical than it did at the time. I can see now KLF was always the latter, and my it’s my past naivety that has gone.

And the performance linked by Tony above is one of the greatest moments in pop music.

Oh, and I never spotted the Sweet sample at the end of Doctoring the Tardis before!

Proud big brother moment - younger brother was lead vocalist of E
PS This:

Truly epic trolling!

Still a proud big brother moment to this day - lead vocalist of ENT was my younger brother Phil.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55507226

'After years of silence, The KLF have uploaded a selection of their most famous songs to streaming services like Spotify, YouTube and Apple Music.

The band's music has been officially unavailable since 1992, when they deleted their entire back catalogue.

But eight songs, including dance anthems like 3AM Eternal and What Time Is Love, are now available on an eight-track compilation, Solid State Logik.

Fly posters in London suggested The KLF would release more music this year.'
KLF made a big impression on me back in the days and probably defined my taste in musical genre for the rest of life. ‘What time is Love’ is such an iconic, well produced track. While it is a ‘commercial’ track, the production is very good by underground standards. The bass line, the ACID sound - all in all pretty good track.
There have been other versions of ‘What Time is Love’ - but my favourite one is this one:

KLF made a big impression on me back in the days
Same here, and same track.

I listen to Chill Out often (TBH, usually when I can't sleep, often still not asleep when it ends though...)

[Must admit my first thought when they got plastered over the BBC site a couple of days ago was that they must need some $$..]

Same here, and same track.

I listen to Chill Out often (TBH, usually when I can't sleep, often still not asleep when it ends though...)

[Must admit my first thought when they got plastered over the BBC site a couple of days ago was that they must need some $$..]

KLF isn't really the template to follow if you are aiming for success and longevity :). Did they not burn $1m in a suitcase, showcasing their avant-garde art?? Doesn't surprise me that they need the cash now. KLF have always been mysterious band - I don't think I have ever seen any live performances (except TOTP).

advertisement

Back