advertisement

King Charles III

In your cloistered world I'm sure that's peanuts - but I'm also sure those using food banks and unable to 'heat and eat' would be exceptionally grateful for it, and if it was distributed by means and need, the sum would be far greater.

The time and money the govt would spend assessing means and need could easily halve the £65. They’re just about to borrow £130BN+ to shave gas and electric bills and still people are saying they can’t pay. The Queens personal wealth and even that of the Crown is relative chicken feed and would go nowhere I’m afraid.

The time and money the govt would spend assessing means and need could easily halve the £65. They’re just about to borrow £130BN+ to shave gas and electric bills and still people are saying they can’t pay. The Queens personal wealth and even that of the Crown is relative chicken feed and would go nowhere I’m afraid.

First you heavily underestimate the ex-Queen's wealth - now you heavily overestimate the cost of any state involvement (if even required - there are plenty of respected charities who could administer the task)

Hard to tell if you are against taxing the hideously wealthy - or simply against helping the needy .... bogus arguments either way.

First you heavily underestimate the ex-Queen's wealth - now you heavily overestimate the cost of any state involvement (if even required - there are plenty of respected charities who could administer the task)

Hard to tell if you are against taxing the hideously wealthy - or simply against helping the needy .... bogus arguments either way.

Her personal net worth is estimated at $500M, I’ve not underestimated it at all, look it up. ‘The Firm’ is estimated at circa $28BN. Sounds a lot but is nothing in the scheme of things. They’d also have to find buyers, maybe Putin could take Buck House in exchange for a bit of gas. All moot in any case because fortunately, the monarchy is going nowhere. Long live the King.

I really didn’t give a tinker’s about the monarchy until ten minutes ago when I discovered that because of them I can’t buy a bottle of wine from Corney & Barrow until Monday. Bastards. Obviously I have now seen the light and want guillotines at Buck House before sunset.

The building looks terrible to the point I'd give it away for free. It wouldn't look too off the mark next to other gems of stalinist architecture.

Well, I certainly wouldn’t want the maintenance and heating bills!

Mrs H will be pleased to learn that Camilla will only be Queen Consort and not a 'real' queen.

Why she cares, I don't know, but there you go.

I really didn’t give a tinker’s about the monarchy until ten minutes ago when I discovered that because of them I can’t buy a bottle of wine from Corney & Barrow until Monday. Bastards. Obviously I have now seen the light and want guillotines at Buck House before sunset.

Can't you slum it at Majestic?

Her personal net worth is estimated at $500M, I’ve not underestimated it at all, look it up.

A wildly conservative estimate doled out by Conservatives for Conservatives ..... how would we even know??

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jul/14/queen-immunity-british-laws-private-property
QUOTE:

“Exemptions inserted into four laws passed by the Westminster, Scottish and Welsh parliaments between 2008 and 2017 stipulate that in addition to not paying tax, she is not obliged to provide information to tax inspectors or official statisticians.

Two Westminster acts in 2008 and 2011 prevent HM Revenue and Customs from compelling her to provide information, and she is not required to cooperate with Scottish and Welsh tax authorities set up by devolved legislation in 2014 and 2016.”

The Premier League has postponed this weekend's fixtures. The puritan streak in Britain is an odd thing. It is not disrespectful to go to work today (there is no national day of mourning) so why would it be disrespectful to watch a game of football tomorrow?

Mrs H will be pleased to learn that Camilla will only be Queen Consort and not a 'real' queen.

Why she cares, I don't know, but there you go.

Just as Albert was Prince Consort, we can look forward to the Camilla Bridge, Camilla Hall and many other new landmarks.

A wildly conservative estimate doled out by Conservatives for Conservatives ..... how would we even know??

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jul/14/queen-immunity-british-laws-private-property
QUOTE:

“Exemptions inserted into four laws passed by the Westminster, Scottish and Welsh parliaments between 2008 and 2017 stipulate that in addition to not paying tax, she is not obliged to provide information to tax inspectors or official statisticians.

Two Westminster acts in 2008 and 2011 prevent HM Revenue and Customs from compelling her to provide information, and she is not required to cooperate with Scottish and Welsh tax authorities set up by devolved legislation in 2014 and 2016.”

The clue is in the name, HM Treasury.
The Guardian, what a surprise.

Didn't know that Americans needed to pay a licence (sorry, license) fee. When the BBC decided to renege on G.B.'s (?) free licence for over 75s, I initially thought it iniquitous, but now paying £13.25 per month, I realise just how much pleasure I get from my guestimate of 40 to 60 hours a month. My daughter doesn't pay a licence fee as her TV receives only Netflix etc. Bloody repetitive adverts have me reaching for the mute button every time !

I'm not sure I'm a Royal Family supporter, but am certainly not any kind of enthusiast, nor particularly interested in royal affairs. However, I am in favour of the status quo and believe that this country has been and still is a beneficiary from having this perpetuating royal history.

My skin (sister) is now 98 and looked forward to getting that letter (think telegrams are out?) from the Queen. Not sure she'll come to terms with a Carolean communication instead. ;) Wonder if his accession to the throne means his dukedom finishes and all those Duchy delights become renamed Cornish consumables.

License? A mere typo on my part.

Wonder if his accession to the throne means his dukedom finishes and all those Duchy delights become renamed Cornish consumables.

The Duchy and title is inherited by the new heir (William) when the Charles ascends to the throne. Now in other words.

Extinction Rebellion (XR) has postponed the Festival of Resistance “We know that you may feel the rug has been pulled out from under your feet”

I'm sure the Queen had planned to attend ;)

advertisement

Back