advertisement

KEYBOARDPROBLEM

stevec67

pfm Member
YESIAMNOTJOKING歐SORRYFORSHOUTING
IWASTYPINGSOMTHINGANDITHINKIPRESSED ACONTROL + SOMETHING
IFITYPEWITHOUTSHIFTIGETORIENTALFIGURES and all sorts

Oh it seems to have changed but what’s with the dounble spacing?

Back on a tablet now but he's it's like pressing ctrl B for bold or ctrl I for italic. I've restarted the lappy, hope it returns to default.

I think a restart has fixed it. Gawd knows what I had managed to do, it had changed to some strange keyboard and oriental characters were popping up. No, I don't mean Jackie Chan.

Does your keyboard have a numeric keypad? If so make sure that the 'num lock' key is not on as you may get a surprise if you hold down alt or ctrl whilst pressing another key.

Cheers,

DV

Does your keyboard have a numeric keypad? If so make sure that the 'num lock' key is not on as you may get a surprise if you hold down alt or ctrl whilst pressing another key.

Cheers,

DV
I think that I did something like that, I was going for a capital and hit alt or ctrl instead. Maybe both. The thing is that I didn't know how to tell it "return to standard" . Fortunately a restart fixed it.

I think that I did something like that, I was going for a capital and hit alt or ctrl instead. Maybe both. The thing is that I didn't know how to tell it "return to standard" . Fortunately a restart fixed it.
If something like this happens again try logging out and then back in. Its quicker than a reboot and gives you a chance to save data. What we haven't yet eliminated is crud under the keyboard keys that can lead to similar problems.

Cheers,

DV

advertisement

Back