advertisement

Kenny Burrell needs financial help

Wouldn't it be great if an English guitarist (down on his luck) could get 100 grand:-

https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2013/jan/04/call-for-help-vini-reilly

Agreed, Vini is a national treasure, or at least should be on any sane planet. I think/hope his fortunes have changed somewhat since then even if his health hasn’t hugely as there has been a vast expanded reissue program for all the key Durutti Column albums, see his website here. There is lots of Durutti Column product to buy anyway, lots including much unheard material.

The story gets distinctly weirder...

This is more and more bizarre. The general behaviour by Goodrich and all the boxes being brought and stored in the apartment? Unfortunately it sounds like some mental issues maybe underlining this. If it was here l'm sure a visit by social services would be insisted upon, but I'm not sure if there are any provisions for dealing with a situation like this in the US.

This is absolutely tragic for a musician I have the utmost respect for. I appreciate that a post I made has been removed for politicising the discussion. However, imagine a country where you become ill yet receiving any treatment depends on your ability to pay hundreds and hundreds of thousands of pounds. And that after having paid crippling compulsory health insurance premiums for years.

To make things worse your bank turns its back when you’ve been defrauded of your life savings.

I wish Kenny and Katherine all the very best in their journey ahead. The same goes for the “Great again” United States. It’s going to need it.

I hate American healthcare. It's disgusting and it's immoral.

However at age 65 everyone get the opportunity to sign up for Medicare, which, while not free, is quite affordable and covers the vast majority of medical bills, and additionally greatly insulates seniors from mendatious, over-inflated billing.

The vast majority of Americans going broke from healthcare bills are under 65.

advertisement

Back