advertisement

Ken Bruce quitting Radio 2

Can’t really blame the Beeb, why give him a free advert for his new show? They’ve given him the opportunity to say goodbye & given his listeners time to get used to him going.

Pretty standard stuff if you are moving to a competitor.

'Popmaster' has meant coffee break time to me for years, either in the car in the office carpark or more recently working from home.
I intend to follow Ken to his new destination. I can't agree that he played constant MOR, he regularly played Be Bop Deluxe!

'Popmaster' has meant coffee break time to me for years, either in the car in the office carpark or more recently working from home.
I intend to follow Ken to his new destination. I can't agree that he played constant MOR, he regularly played Be Bop Deluxe!

and Springsteen; Steely Dan; Meatloaf; Donald Fagen, amongst others

Radio 2 evenings were great when Radcliffe and McConie were on, usually followed by something decent afterwards. Mark Lamar’s was excellent.

Cheers BB
Yes, very much so. I listened to a ML show recently that I'd recorded from that time. It had a 'schoolgirl' theme, and as you might imagine, some of his comments were hilarious.

We need a re-born Tommy Vance to host a new "Friday Rock Show"! I turned down hot dates just so I could listen to it!

I can`t remember the last time I intentionally tuned in to R2 and I`m not likely to anytime in the future either.

That`s just me though.

Last show today, and he's playing Birdland as a tribute to Wayne Shorter.

It was used as the theme tune to "Pop Score", a quiz that Ken presented back in the day....

Followed by Alan Parsons Project. He's also pushing the double entendres down everyone's throats - see what I tried to do there!

We have seen a few episodes of Popmaster TV (ch.4 catchup) with our Ken.

Delightfully basic, no frills, and hard questions.
Everyone taking it seriously.

He can be heard on Greatest Hits Edinburgh channel on Dab, not sure if it's available nationally, heard Gary Davis on that channel too, must be transmitted from a Radio 2 care home :D

He can be heard on Greatest Hits Edinburgh channel on Dab, not sure if it's available nationally, heard Gary Davis on that channel too, must be transmitted from a Radio 2 care home :D

Greatest Hits are on FM here, can pick it up in the car

advertisement

Back