advertisement

Ken Bruce quitting Radio 2

I am not so sure its really an issue - the fact is that the BBC radio stations have to keep re-inventing themselves as the audience gets older. The only other way is keep on creating more radio stations for smaller and smaller subsections of the listening audience. Commercial radio has gone down that route - see stations like Heart 70s, Heart 80s and so on.

When my dad listened to the 'light radio' station on Saturdays in the 1960s they were playing music from the 40s. Are we suggesting that Radio 2 should stay playing the 1970s/80s forever just cos we like old cuddly Ken? Radio 2 needs to get the current batch of 30 - 40 yr olds listening. The baby boomers can move with Ken if they want too

Are Greatest Hits radio sure that their (getting elderly!) target audience will be able to find them? Its not like turning the knob on the kitchen radio! :)

Only kidding really - but actually my MIL would not be able to do it - in her kitchen, car or TV!

Are Greatest Hits radio sure that their (getting elderly!) target audience will be able to find them? Its not like turning the knob on the kitchen radio! :)

Only kidding really - but actually my MIL would not be able to do it - in her kitchen, car or TV!

Bring back radios with stations printed on the tuning dial! :)

main-qimg-d99e661bd8e2c6711bae52031814c924-pjlq

Bruce owns the rights to Popmaster and is taking it with him. Good for him.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/ken-bruce...h_Warkh5ZRnZgK8McVsiPS7bLCZUlaKyuCbdesHrsyv0t

We have no reason to listen to BBC radio 2 now, only tuning in now and again for Popmaster when travelling.
Radio 4 has lost our interest as well - apart from The Wife has a long time relationship with The Archers. I cannot abide it.

Currently I enjoy Henry Bonsu on Times radio. His delivery is sharp, and he has a sense if humour.

I haven’t listened to him for a while but the quiz has always been popular & I think that may even be his ‘property’. Good luck to him he genuinely likes music & is very popular.

I think there are plenty of internal candidates who could fill the slot.

Shame, I liked Ken Bruce on Radio 2, music and chat on the quiz I always found good.

He's a sneaky Bstard but you English lot/non Glasgowegians wouldn't know what he was all about, can't stand him.

Radio 2 is shite these days, I've given up on it worst of the lot is that woman on the breakfast show she is diabolically bad.

I listen to R3 or Jazz FM, I've just taken out a three month free trial with their premium service which is excellent.

He's a sneaky Bstard but you English lot/non Glasgowegians wouldn't know what he was all about, can't stand him.

Radio 2 is shite these days, I've given up on it worst of the lot is that woman on the breakfast show she is diabolically bad.

I listen to R3 or Jazz FM, I've just taken out a three month free trial with their premium service which is excellent.
Fair do’s, for me, he’s just a fella on the radio, did a good job doing that in my view, always flicked his show on while I worked at home.

advertisement

Back