1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Keilidh speaker repair - dustcaps(?)

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by -alan-, Nov 5, 2019.

1. -alan-

-alan- pfm Member

Noticed a bit of a buzz coming from one of my trusty Keilidhs - well I didn't, rather my son did when I asked him for a second opinion on some back-to-back gear testing last weekend.

A closer inspection reveals that the little dome in the centre has broken up on both drive units on one of the speakers. Looks like they have simply perished with age. A quick google suggests they are called the dustcaps - though it's a term I haven't heard before.

With help from the good folk on PFM I managed to successfully replace the similarly perished rubber surrounds on a pair of Mission 700 speakers some years ago.

Is it viable to attempt to replace the dustcaps - and if so, can anybody point me towards a supplier who might have suitable spares ?

Thanks, Alan