advertisement

Keilidh Aktiv Cards

mjkelshaw

pfm Member
I've just spotted an 'Aktiv' card on t'bay which from the images, appears to be marked as a 'Keilidh MID'.
Many years ago after I had purchased another 'complete'(?) set of cards (2xTreble + 2x Bass) and had the 'Bass' cards installed into a 3rd Klout. I was told by the 'dealer' from whom I had purchased my original pair, that the 3rd Klout was really superfluous, but no mention was made of the availabiliy / necessity of a set of 'Mid' cards.
Perhaps one of the members can reveal whether I should either embark on a search for a pair of 'mid' cards or just revert to using 2 x Klouts?

Regards
Mike K.

It’ll be a mid/bass card, both drivers on the Keilidhs (and Ninkas) cover the same frequency range whether they’re passive or active. They share the same sealed cabinet volume so it wouldn’t work well running them in a full three way setup.

Dear l'83,
Thank you for your reply, from which it would appear that my original belief that a 3rd Klout would be an improvement, was mistaken.
This means that I can remove the 'superfluous' Klout, reinstall the 'links' on the speakers, and use the small reduction in my electricity bill to offset the increase in my winter gas consumption due to the removal of a source of heat. :)
Obviously I should have asked for advice on PFM prior to embarking on a course of action which evolved into a major inconvenience in time and additional expense, and which now appears to have been unnecessary.
In my 'defense', at the time (2010/2011), I was in the throes of preparing to 'retire' to China, and rather preoccupied, however, subsequent events changed that 'plan' and I'm now sadly marooned in the U.K.(sic).
Regards
Mike K.

advertisement

Back