advertisement

Kef reference series models 1-4

I had the ref 2.2s fantastic speakers in a fantastic finish, rosseta bur- beautiful. Always regretted selling them, but also hunkered after their bigger brothers. Not a deep speaker as I remember so easy to place.

I had Model 3.2’s In Rosetta Burr finish. Great speakers.

Good old KEF Reference.

I have the the Reference 3.2's in cherry which replaced my Monitor Audio Studio 20's.

They could well be my last speakers unless we move somewhere smaller.

The finish is impeccable and they image well with a natural timbre and good bass.

They like a bit of current so would suit a good quality high power SS amp. I currently have a XTC POW1 which is 300 watts in to 4ohms.

I used a VTL ST85 but they were a bit bass light.

Don't buy them if you have cheap amplification.

Nice one. My Model 3.2’s were in Rosetta Burr finish.

Btw, Model 3.2’s sounded superb driven by a Pioneer A-400 and fed by Naim’s CDX MK1/XPS MK1.

I really enjoyed my Kef Model Ones. For the money I don’t think they could be bettered. They sounded great with a Quad 909 which would suggest they were slightly lean. Much better than with my other amp the original Supernait which I preferred with other speakers.

Maybe that’s because your completely wrong Jez.

Until you've designed amplifiers or gained similar levels of knowledge you are no more in any position to hold an opinion on the matter than a horse who's gazed at the night sky is on the matter of black holes or pulsars

Nice one. My Model 3.2’s were in Rosetta Burr finish.

Btw, Model 3.2’s sounded superb driven by a Pioneer A-400 and fed by Naim’s CDX MK1/XPS MK1.

I would have loved the rosetta burrs! They look fantastic.

I am amazed that the A-400 drove them happily as that was about the same price range as the Technics. Nice to also hear it from someone who has owned a pair and actually has experience of the sound.

I would have loved the rosetta burrs! They look fantastic.

I am amazed that the A-400 drove them happily as that was about the same price range as the Technics. Nice to also hear it from someone who has owned a pair and actually has experience of the sound.

The optional Rosetta Burr and Albina Burr finishes looked fantastic and were well worth the extra £500 for the Model 3.2’s.

The A-400 drove them beautifully with power to spare. LF performance in particular was truly excellent.

Having sold the whole range and been an owner myself, I must say that the 3 and 4 are the best. Here the midrange have far more power and presence to balance the bass system coupled cavaty stuff. The 2 is unbalanced, the 1 good but compromised In the bass, no swing and Boogie :) but dry and precise. As All speakers they love a good amp, brilliant stuff with Mark Levinson and Proceed amps as I recall, but also good with 20 watt Class a stuff.

advertisement

Back