advertisement

Kef R meta

Coincidentally just received this from KEF,
Revolutionary sound absorption with MAT™
At the heart of the latest R Series is Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT), a highly complex maze-like structure where each of the intricate channels efficiently absorbs a specific frequency. When combined, the channels act as an acoustic black hole, absorbing 99% of the unwanted sound from the rear of the tweeter, eliminating the resulting distortion and providing a purer, more natural acoustic performance.

A bespoke 12th-generation Uni-Q driver array with MAT is found in all seven models of the R Series and delivers an incredibly detailed performance. It's the result of decades of accumulated in-house knowledge and all developments play a part in R Series' exceptional performance.

There are some new colours too.
Keith

I love my R3s..... sadly just not quite as much as I love my Quad 2805.

New price of the R3s is a bit of a jump up sadly.... but reflects what they should have been relative to their competitors. I have extensive experience of ATC SCM19 and Proac D2 - and the KEF R3 are easily superior IMO

I was hoping the Q series would be next. I hope it doesn't take too long to bring them along.

Coincidentally just received this from KEF,
Revolutionary sound absorption with MAT™
At the heart of the latest R Series is Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT), a highly complex maze-like structure where each of the intricate channels efficiently absorbs a specific frequency. When combined, the channels act as an acoustic black hole, absorbing 99% of the unwanted sound from the rear of the tweeter, eliminating the resulting distortion and providing a purer, more natural acoustic performance.

A bespoke 12th-generation Uni-Q driver array with MAT is found in all seven models of the R Series and delivers an incredibly detailed performance. It's the result of decades of accumulated in-house knowledge and all developments play a part in R Series' exceptional performance.

There are some new colours too.
Keith
That MAT tweeter always intrigues me, I think of it as acting like a Nautilus tweeter with multiple nautili to absorb a greater range.

advertisement

Back