advertisement

KEF LS60 whitepaper

A good read, excellent engineering being applied to the new speakers, a shared magnet, a smaller coil over lapped with a larger coil on the bass drivers is a good solution when you've now got much cabinet width to play with.
Be interesting to hear how coherent they sound and how they image from such a small enclosure.

I will write a long dull précis of my thoughts , thinking of getting the wireless LS50’s plus KC62 subwoofer to compare to the 60s.
Keith

I will write a long dull précis of my thoughts , thinking of getting the wireless LS50’s plus KC62 subwoofer to compare to the 60s.
Keith

I'd be interested to here you findings on how they compare to the 8C's and the Kii's.
One the aesthetics side they seem to disappear into background, shame about the black label indicator thing on top.
Your favorite Subjectivista has made a film about them!

Plan initially is to have the LS 50 meta wireless plus KC62 sub to compare to the LS60s, that should be an interesting comparison, the LS 60s have provision for integrating single or multiple subs within their software so I can add the KC62 to the 60’s.
Keith

Looking forward to hearing your impressions of them compared, i've not heard the actives or the new metas, i had LS50 passives a while ago, they ran out of puff at higher volumes and are obviously limited at the low end, a very enjoyable speaker though.

While there is the provision to add a sub or two to the LS60, I think the LS60 is predominantly a more capable option over LS50s, and will likely be purchased as such, the point being they don’t take up a load of space and involve a load of boxes.
It would be an interesting comparison though, as with LS50 and KC62 you’ve got a larger UniQ and a dedicated subwoofer, whereas the LS60 is a smaller UniQ and no subwoofer. What the LS60 has going for it is the Blade driver arrangement, which I think will be their strong point. And that’s a very strong point.

It’s not clear from the white paper how the sub-woofer(s) would be integrated with the LS60.

E.g.

Are the crossover slopes and frequencies, levels adjustable?
What about time compensation if the subs and mains are at different distances from the listener?
Does the internal DSP engine allow the end user run filters in order to compensate for room modes?

Lots of unanswered questions for now. Hopefully it will all be clear once the speaker is actually released.

The rival Dynaudios, while much more conventional in design, have a similar feature set with the added option of Dirac DRC.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back