advertisement

Kef LS3/5A

TonyScarlett

pfm Member
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
@canonman can tell you about the KEF variant I think. I had a pair on loan for a week with a view to purchase, when they came out. No better or worse than Rogers of the day. For that money I’d be going for the Falcons, they’re wonderful.

@canonman can tell you about the KEF variant I think. I had a pair on loan for a week with a view to purchase, when they came out. No better or worse than Rogers of the day. For that money I’d be going for the Falcons, they’re wonderful.
Kef came very late to the party with their Raymond Cooke versions. They also didn't quite follow the rule book as they used MDF instead of Baltic Birch ply but they were extremely well made of course. To a pair of golden ears like those of Andy Whittle, they are not quite right.

The rear plates have always been difficult to read.

I have had a pair of these, as well as a few piano black pairs. As for a reasonable price.....the last ones I had sold for half that and were a struggle to shift as there simply wasn't enough interest in Kef 11 Ohm versions.

Kef also made LS3/5a in the early 80s, as I saw some in Laskys for £250.

The black lacquer Kef Raymonde Cooke are my fav, but I am not a LS3/5a fan.

advertisement

Back