advertisement

Kef 107

I still miss mine after 20 years! One of only 3 pair of speakers that I have owned that I would have back in a heartbeat. The others were way more expensive.
Driven by a Musical Fidelity A370 which was a perfect combination.

I decided to disassemble the Kube just to check if any obvious issues (the Kube is original and seems to be working fine)
- all looks visually good on the two circuit boards but I may get the caps tested (2 x 1000uF, 4 x 4.7uF) on the front board as there is a small chance??? that they could be out of spec?
- not sure what the red square components are on the back circuit board , they are adjustable via flat screwdriver?
- I added 5 pics of the Kube circuitry at the bottom of the Kef 107 Restoration pic file:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/194401210@N06/LuQ72h

FWIW i picked up a T33 replacement for 102's from Falcon and it's not a 1:1 replacement, the threads are spaced differently and it's more sensitive.

Double check the spec on them. Wilmslow sent me their reccomended replacement for the 4r t22's in my 104.2's. I think these were 91db and 4r. I received peerless units and when I checked the specs on the peerless website, they were actually 89dB. Still have a pair knocking around if anyone is interested in trying them.

advertisement

Back