advertisement

Keaveny to leave Radio 6

There is a new host on Saturday PM on 6 music, they are shaking things up but I do fear it will turn off many?

I've been listening to 6 Music regularly early morning/daytime since I started my current job 18 years ago. I only listen to The Hawk now and even then not daily anymore. I don't like the direction the latest controller is taking the station, trying to attract a younger audience, which I understand but don't think is really there anymore. I listen to Robert Elms on Radio London as he has some interesting guests and some good live music on but I'm getting tired of that after 18 years, the same subjects have been talked to death. I don't think there's really anything out there now that caters for my taste, other than downloading the Mark Riley and Gid Coe shows.

I really miss Rad Mac in the afternoons.

Cheers BB

I've been listening to 6 music for 8 years now, mostly when driving.
My favourite presenter that to be S Keavney.
He as a good musical taste and makes me laugh. Good company whilst driving. I preferred him in the morning slot, specially for his funny middle age grumpiness.
Laura has good musical taste but not so entertaining.
Rad Mac are too daft. Not for me.
Mary Anne hobs and Ravencroft yawnn...
Love GP and Iggy confidential

I quite like Mr Keaveny, but I rarely listen in the afternoons these days.

I'd like to see more guest presenters on there. Most of the current batch of presenters get repetitive and whenever someone is off on their hols or ill then they draft in one of the other existing presenters, and more often than not it's bloody Mary Anne Hobbs or Tom Ravenscroft again. I prefer more variety and I've enjoyed listening to selections and delivery from non-presenters like Cillian Murphy and Nadine Shah etc.

To be honest I don't find myself listening to it much at all these days, I end up spending more and more time with my own music on via the phone.

Craig Charles is taking over from Keaveny, bit of a surprise to me, I expected someone younger. I don't mind him but I don't think he'll be enough to make me tune in daily, the playlist puts me off these days as much as some of the presenters. CC will continue with his Funk and Soul Show, which is a decent show.

Cheers BB

Rad Mac have had their start time moved to 08.00 but had an hour chopped off the show, unbelievable!!

Cheers BB

Bummer. I have been getting The Wife interested via the magic of ‘Crisps On The Radio.’
She always likes to hear the Sleaford Mods blokes voice on The Chain, due to his accentuated accent.

Find it a bit weird that people on a "hi-fi" forum are listening to music on the BBC at 64kbps.

There are alternatives these days y'know?

Personally? I can't listen to obnoxious "presenters" spouting egotistical bollox in-between the odd bit of "what they consider to be" music.

Hurts my ears to listen to low bitrate stuff these days.

Your mileage may vary. Of Course.

Craig Charles is taking over from Keaveny, bit of a surprise to me, I expected someone younger. I don't mind him but I don't think he'll be enough to make me tune in daily, the playlist puts me off these days as much as some of the presenters. CC will continue with his Funk and Soul Show, which is a decent show.

Cheers BB

Saw that today - can't stand the bloke so that's Radio 6 scuppered in the shed :(

advertisement

Back